IGNORED

Callaway HX Pearl

Maverick
Note: This thread is 6609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The HX Pearl is a 3-piece distance ball like the HX Hot. Rubber core, firm mantle layer, ionomer cover. The Pearl has a softer low-compression core, so it's supposed to have softer feel. It also has a cover that's not as bright as the standard white golf ball, a bit more like a, well, pearl.

Callaway's marketing it as a women's ball, but it could be seen as a softer-feeling version of the HX Hot. If you've ever played an MC Lady, why not a HX Pearl?

I believe they're supposed to ship next month.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Edwin Watts says 3/15/06 as shipping date.The Mrs.is ready to pounce!!!!

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

The HX Pearl is a 3-piece distance ball like the HX Hot. Rubber core, firm mantle layer, ionomer cover. The Pearl has a softer low-compression core, so it's supposed to have softer feel. It also has a cover that's not as bright as the standard white golf ball, a bit more like a, well, pearl.

oohh..a softer HX Hot sounds awesome..I'm playing with the HX BLUE right now..no complaints..just trying something different..

Callaway officially announced the HX Pearl today. Shipping 3/15 (though already in some shops) at MSRP of $32 per box. Here's the link to info on the Callaway site.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/en.BALLS.HXPearl.html

Remember the old "Man enough to play a Lady" campaign that Precept did for the MC Lady golf ball? What would be the equivalent for the Pearl? "Give the Pearl a whirl"?

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

• 4 weeks later...
Brought my irons to golfsmith today to get reshafted and low and behaold they were unpacking the new pearl.Brought 1 dozen Ahem for the Mrs.If I can sneak one out I will give everyone a report.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Have now played 2 rounds with 2 pearls I stole from the Mrs.Well not as long as the 56 nor does it spin as well.My swing speed is 105 w/driver and 85 w/5 iron so take it for what it is worth.But for 26.00 bucks its not bad.Dont like the off color either{kind of antique white}

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4

• Administrator
Have now played 2 rounds with 2 pearls I stole from the Mrs.Well not as long as the 56 nor does it spin as well.My swing speed is 105 w/driver and 85 w/5 iron so take it for what it is worth.But for 26.00 bucks its not bad.Dont like the off color either{kind of antique white}

They're really not geared for you. Anyone swinging over 90 with a driver will likely see worse distance from these balls. The exact number may be a little off from 90, but that's my hunch. Somewhere around the upper range of most women's swings (and I don't mean LPGA women).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well being the ball HO that I am I could not help myself.Besides she left them on the kitchen table and there is that rule RIGHT?

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4

I have an extremely slow swing speed for a man (roughly 70 mph). I'm going to give these for a whirl. My friends said they'll make fun of me, but whatever. Though I ordered them online instead of buying them at the store ..

I'll be back to give them a report once i've given them a try.

I have an extremely slow swing speed for a man (roughly 70 mph). I'm going to give these for a whirl. My friends said they'll make fun of me, but whatever. Though I ordered them online instead of buying them at the store ..

Don't let them give you any crap for using the Pearl. Tons of guys were using the Precept Lady as a winter ball so Precept re-packaged it as the Precept "Laddie." I bought a couple of boxes of the Laddie this winter because they were cheap. They are a great ball. So, I'm sure the Pearl is just fine for you and it is the ball you should be playing if it complements your game.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

I would never hesitate to use a golf ball because of its name. If a ball works for you, then you've found your ball. Many of my friends use the Titleist Pro V1 or V1x, and some of them are pretty insistant that the Pro V is THE ball. Well, I know many of the low scorers at my club, of which I am not one, who have used any number of lesser stars in the firmament, including the Precept Lady Diamond. They were not embarrased to use a "Lady's" ball. I wouldn't be either. In fact, I have used it. If you find success with a particular ball, it doesn't matter what name is on the cover.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

They're really not geared for you. Anyone swinging over 90 with a driver will likely see worse distance from these balls. The exact number may be a little off from 90, but that's my hunch. Somewhere around the upper range of most women's swings (and I don't mean LPGA women).

What will happen with the ball if your swing is more than 90 mph? Last time I checked my swing speed was 95mph..uh-oh..

• Administrator
What will happen with the ball if your swing is more than 90 mph? Last time I checked my swing speed was 95mph..uh-oh..

You'll hit the ball into the water.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
true, I have been know to put brand new balls OB or into water.

Don't take any offense, please. I was just being sarcastic.

Swing speed doesn't matter much when you're talking about a 10 MPH difference. Maybe 110 to 120 matters, but anything in the 100 and down range is about the same in gaps of 10. 100 to 70 is a different story, of course, but 100 to 90 or whatever is roughly the same. Plus, most people with driver swing speeds under 100 aren't good enough golfers yet (or they're seniors, women, etc.) to really tell the difference because they may not hit the ball solidly all the time anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
I forgot to mention I got these from GolfGods..man they ship fast! Ordered them Tues. afternoon and got them Friday (last week)..I haven't played with them yet..will play this Saturday to give a better evaluation.

Note: This thread is 6609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!