IGNORED

Golf Snobbery

Chief Broom
Note: This thread is 2287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't see snobbery as much as I see redneck golfers. I am not talking about the way they dress although there are some really sloppy looking players that grace our course. That doesn't bother me as much as the behavior of the players. The mindset seems to be, "I've payed my money and I'll do whatever I want on the course".

that is not an issue here..
personally i started to play 2 months ago and i am 30 years Old.
here in my country is not like there in the USA.
the Club Membership is payable and the month fee is 100 bucks.

BUT in my country there is no so much people that play Golf.
i started because of my work, and in a month i have to admit that now i have 3 more big customers.

for the records, i didnt think that Golf was so exiting and great sport...

the Snobs here... nahhh it doesnt matter we have no pro´s and the best player is -10 in a 72 par course (2 rounds 9 holes).

IMPORTANT: i have to excuse my bad spelling and sometimes my bad phrase construction... english is not my native language.

I don't see snobbery as much as I see redneck golfers. I am not talking about the way they dress although there are some really sloppy looking players that grace our course. That doesn't bother me as much as the behavior of the players. The mindset seems to be, "I've payed my money and I'll do whatever I want on the course".

Uggh, no joke. Drunks especially (not limited to rednecks).

Driving carts all over the place, yelling, hitting multiple balls. Not to mention (and yet I will anyway) failure to fix divots, ball marks, etc. Falls under etiquette.

IMPORTANT: i have to excuse my bad spelling and sometimes my bad phrase construction... english is not my native language.

Dude, your English is better than half the stuff I see on message boards from people who grew up in the U.S. Don't sweat it. It's clear that you are trying hard.

Grogger...God help me but I laughed out loud!

Me too ... 'dangerous to health' type spontaneous laughter.

Hey! He doesn't have his Tour Card so he technically isn't a tour player

But isn't he a Euro PGA player now? "Nouvelle Euro Trash" Oui??

FYI, the mustard stain (as shown in that picture) is strictly an optional wife-beater add-on

I'll have to look for that option next time I'm in the states.

Oops, sorry.

Thanks Harry. Commonly known as a 'singlet' over here. We do understand your long-form description though. Don't know if too many wife-beaters wear them in Oz. They generally don't wear shirts, mostly handcuffs.

Commonly known as a 'singlet' over here. We do understand your long-form description though. Don't know if too many wife-beaters wear them in Oz. They generally don't wear shirts, mostly handcuffs.

As they should!

(Hate to say the obvious, but "Oz" means Australia, right? Correct me if I'm wrong...just go on and ignore me if I'm right.)

I agree with Harry, you're doing well. Would you like us to help you out at all?

Ironically, they look amazingly hot on classy women.

Dork.

Ironically, they look amazingly hot on classy women.

Dork-ish comment, yes, but I hate to admit that the man speaks the truth.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

Sadly, now "dressed like a tour pro" isn't even sufficient to cover the most basic apparel requirements.

It's ??? Jeans on the golf course are akin to jeans on the ski slopes. Maybe you know what you're doing, but you've got to prove it.
WITB
Driver--PING Rhapsody, 16*
Fairway Wood--PING Rhapsody 22*
Hybrids--Cobra Bafflers, 3 (23*), 6 (32*)
Irons--Callaway X-20, 7-AW SW--Wilson ProstaffLW--Nancy LopezPutter--Bettinardi HawkBalls--Pinnacle Gold DistanceBags--Datrek IDS (cart), Sun Mountain 3.5 (carry)

Dork-ish comment, yes, but I hate to admit that the man speaks the truth.

I know, I have a set of them in assorted colors. He knows that full well.

(Beaters/ribbed tanks, not cuffs. Anything else, I am not obliged to indulge.) BAH! Back to subject! So...golf snobs, eh?

I hate you.

My work here is done.

WITB
Driver--PING Rhapsody, 16*
Fairway Wood--PING Rhapsody 22*
Hybrids--Cobra Bafflers, 3 (23*), 6 (32*)
Irons--Callaway X-20, 7-AW SW--Wilson ProstaffLW--Nancy LopezPutter--Bettinardi HawkBalls--Pinnacle Gold DistanceBags--Datrek IDS (cart), Sun Mountain 3.5 (carry)

Note: This thread is 2287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!