IGNORED

Anyone Else buy a Scotty Cameron Ball Tool?

Note: This thread is 5335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would buy one if I won the lottery. I really like idea of it but that is a little too much $$ for me to spend.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an article about Scotty Cameron's New Ball Marker. You can find it here...

http://www.pgatour.com/2008/r/08/12/...ark/index.html

It has alignment lines, which most of us would like, but look at the price.

http://www.scottycameron.com/webstor...D68C829EA93D1A

is 44 bucks worth it? I mean common, the most i would pay is maybe 20 bucks, including divot tool, but this one doesn't even include that! What are your opinions? Don't forget to vote!

Driver: FT Tour 9.5
Fairway woods: X-Fairway 3 and 5
Irons: : X-Forged '09 3-PW in Carolina Blue, Oklahoma Orange, and Wake Forest Green grips.
Wedges: X-Forged '09 54-14 and Vokey Spin-Milled 60-7
Putter: Odyssey Black Series #8

Preferred Ball: Z-star Tour Yellow

In the Pockets: Ball, Ecotee, Switchblade Divot Repair tool, Pencil w/ Eraser.

the article you read is over a year old :x there was a rather long thread on this a few months back.

It's worth the novelty. you can make it yourself. You're buying it bc it says scotty on it :x

is a scotty worth 1-200$ more than a bettinardi ?

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

My bad, but anyways, some people's views might have changed.

Driver: FT Tour 9.5
Fairway woods: X-Fairway 3 and 5
Irons: : X-Forged '09 3-PW in Carolina Blue, Oklahoma Orange, and Wake Forest Green grips.
Wedges: X-Forged '09 54-14 and Vokey Spin-Milled 60-7
Putter: Odyssey Black Series #8

Preferred Ball: Z-star Tour Yellow

In the Pockets: Ball, Ecotee, Switchblade Divot Repair tool, Pencil w/ Eraser.

I don't like to veiw any alignment marks at address when putting. I'll mark my ball, wipe it off and set it down so nothing but white is visable.

These SC alignment tools do nothing for me.

I was scared when they first came out that everyone would start using them. I anticipated use of them would slow play for many players. That was just my fear at the time....doesn't appear to have been well founded on my part.

I don't know anyone who uses them.

The only reason I'd buy them was if I could do so at a discount and flip 'em on ebay.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

the article you read is over a year old :x there was a rather long thread on this a few months back.

My sentiments exactly.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

My last round I had at least two putts over 15 feet that when I stood back getting the view of the break after placing my tool down I immediately knew "I've missed that 1/2 check to the left" (both putts) I then lined the ball to 1/2 check left and just had to concentrate on speed. Made both putts.

So this gimmick giving me a quantifiable and consistent method to make adjustments saved me at least two strokes on that nine holes - can anyone else say that about a $44 piece of equipment they've purchased lately?

I don't have a Cameron putter and no head covers from the "studio" but if me making more putts for $44 is the kool-aid then I'll have another glass...
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

Another gimmick to get more money out of those who've indulged in the Cameron kool-aid

Welcome to the board, +1 for typical Scotty haters...

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Note: This thread is 5335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!