IGNORED

Wilson 8802 - style putters

elchene
Note: This thread is 4362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by n8dogg2669

I really like the Yes Sophia. really like how it gets the ball to roll over off the club face. Good luck.

i only ask because finding this club is relatively difficult (in left hand) or even to find brand new. i know Yes! came out with a new sophia but its not my interest because it has a "sight line" on the back of it thats angled in the arc-like direction and path of the club.

img_2_full.jpg its just a bit distracting i think.

although apparently the big issue with the first issue was the bright chrome finish. if it hit the back just right it would be quite blinding.

Ray Cook Blue Goose VIII - got one of these recently dirt cheap off eBay. Pretty good, new and Cameron-designed I think.

Ray Cook Austin 1

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I saw yonex tour adx blades on eBay and couldn't figure out why they were so expensive...i read up that Phil Mickelson used it to win a major. But what I dont vlget is why does yonex offer it in a stock yonex graphite shaft? Unless its just to affect the swing weight but I just assumed better control and stability was why steel was used and not graphite...anybody have any idea why they use graphite? Or if anybody has used the tour adx outter with that same graphite shaft?

• 2 weeks later...
Pulled the eBay trigger on a Wilson tour special 1 forged. 35 bucks all original and thought if it doesn't work out it will be some collectable for that price. First round out I was seemingly infallible from anything outside 8 feet and manage to add in two 10-12 footers. Course I played is a northern long grass course relatively flat but soo lush and soft that they are deceivingly fast. I worried about this since my old Wilson Augusta brass bullseye had distance control issues. No issues here. It was dropping what seemed like just short putts then just softly fall into the cup and rattle about. Beautiful feel and almost seems to smooth out my tempo transition and so on. I realize on a flat fast green how great a putter this is. Only issue might be the face height..little hit short but that's okay. I have been struggling lining it up and the arc path since my last putter was center shafted and face balance. Also short putts are murder if I dont slow up I try to jamm it in unintentionally and the ball goes 3-5 feet past the hole Kinda understand how lefty phil sometimes did the same and would rim it and send it off a ways from the hole. Short putts and squaring the face are my only issues. Other than that I suggest everyone guy a putter like this. It feels great and you can be proud since it will take your putting game to a new level

Note: This thread is 4362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!