IGNORED

Foam Mattresses

Finn07
Note: This thread is 6573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone on here have a foam mattress or know anyone who has a foam mattress. Its actually that stuff called memory foam and conforms to the shape of your body. Reason being is that when I wake up in the morning I have horrible lower back pain, takes a good few hours just to get the kinks out to the point where I cant take it anymore, plus it affects the golf game big time. Anyway someone recommended a foam mattress, wondering if anyone had one and some feedback if you do.. Thanks
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

• Administrator
Does anyone on here have a foam mattress or know anyone who has a foam mattress. Its actually that stuff called memory foam and conforms to the shape of your body. Reason being is that when I wake up in the morning I have horrible lower back pain, takes a good few hours just to get the kinks out to the point where I cant take it anymore, plus it affects the golf game big time. Anyway someone recommended a foam mattress, wondering if anyone had one and some feedback if you do.. Thanks

I have had a TempurPedic bed for a few years. I wouldn't trade it in for anything. It takes a little while to get used to it, but they have a money-back guarantee (I think you pay the shipping if you don't like it, which though expensive, can be made cheaper by buying locally and just paying the pickup fee).

I happened to get a twin extra long. I was just looking for a twin, but the store was trying to get rid of the extra long frames. It also has the dual-zone massage and the "old person adjustable bed" feature. I like it. My wife, who used to sleep on a queen, is fine with it too. Because the mattress doesn't move when she or I move, you can sleep six inches away from someone and not get bounced around when they roll over. Your body heat softens the foam so you sink right in. I don't know the stats off-hand, but you roll around something like 60% less with the TempurPedic. I can attest to that - I used to have a hard time getting to sleep. Now I do not. I sleep better, too, as I used to require a little more sleep. When I travel, I take my TempurPedic pillow. Among the "memory foam" people, TempurPedic may be the best. But I don't know, as I did little comparison shopping.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll second Eric's comments below; I've had a memory foam mattress for about 18 months now and a world of difference. Osteopath bills have been much reduced. I suffer from a hyper mobile sacroiliac joint in my lower back and this has been less of a problem since the memory foam arrived.

Myself and my wife visited my mother for a few days recently and we returned home such that I could complete in our club match play pairs semi final. After waking my back went into spasm, not good with a 2 1/2 hour drive and comp ahead...... Typical that Mother has just purchased a memory foam bed for herself, shame that the spare bed resembles a lump of concrete.... Result of the weekend, was a place in the final secured. Long game was awful but the short game was the saviour. A trip to the Osteopath booked and a welcome return the memory bed.

I was actually looking on ebay and getting a cheaper one....Kind of a knockoff tempurpedic. What do u think?
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I was actually looking on ebay and getting a cheaper one....Kind of a knockoff tempurpedic. What do u think?

I'm sure in the US you must have bed places where you can demo one. Seriously when you're in a bed shop you must lie on the bed for a minute or two before the bed can mold correctly to your current position. Check them out, you will find differences. Generally speaking you get what you pay for. If you can demo one first and then pick one up cheaper on ebay, then why not.

• Administrator
Seriously when you're in a bed shop you must lie on the bed for a minute or two before the bed can mold correctly to your current position.

Ditto.

Check them out, you will find differences. Generally speaking you get what you pay for.

Ditto.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 4 weeks later...

I used to work for the Serta Mattress company. Let me first say that Foam Mattresses are very good and very comfortable. BUT they do retain heat more then other styles of Mattresses.. Serta makes one with a Sensi Fiber witch maintains your body temp.. The temper Pedic is great but it is limmited with your options. Check them both out before you buy one.

You can also buy a Interspring Mattress with Memorey foam in it. Thats whay I use and I'm about 225 and have had a bad back for years. The first week I had my new Mattress all my freinds thought I was on drugs or something. They were like where did all this energy come from. All I can say is there is nothing like a good nights sleep!!!

I have a Sonno Mattress . Lil cheaper then a Tempur Pedic, just as good.

I used to have lower back pain as well, foam mattress helped. However, I also recommend sleeping with a extra pillow between your legs.
  • If you sleep on your back, put the pillow under yur legs, almost touching your butt. This flattens your lower back and takes away some of the stress.
  • If you sleep on your side, put pillow between your legs, this opens your hips in a more natural position.
  • And don't sleep on your stomach.
Hope this helps. Back pain is teh suck.

I received my foam mattress about three weeks ago. So far its been a nightmare. First when it got delivered the cover came damaged, now mind you I sat home all day long waiting for this thing so I called the mattress company and they said that they would send me a brand new cover. So I accepted it. I lug the thing inside with a friend and come to find out the mattress was ripped on the bottom. Now ive been fighting with them since to take this thing back. Also my back is still absolutely killing me, this thing is either too soft or too thick cause I sink into this thing.

I know I know, I should have tried it out before hand but the pain is so horrible in the morning that I thought this would have fixed it. Im in the process of getting this thing shipped back and getting a different one. I hear nothing but good things about these but so far my experience hasnt been the best. Sometimes its better off spending a few extra dollars and getting it done right.

• Administrator
I received my foam mattress about three weeks ago. So far its been a nightmare. First when it got delivered the cover came damaged, now mind you I sat home all day long waiting for this thing so I called the mattress company and they said that they would send me a brand new cover. So I accepted it. I lug the thing inside with a friend and come to find out the mattress was ripped on the bottom. Now ive been fighting with them since to take this thing back. Also my back is still absolutely killing me, this thing is either too soft or too thick cause I sink into this thing.

Which kind did you end up getting, though?

Since your into knockoffs maybe sell your clubs and go to wal-mart to pick up a new set. Theres a reason they call them knockoffs.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

And since your into being an ******* why dont you go **** yourself. I merely come on here asking for positive advice and positive criticism and try to give the same out to people to help out, not to have *******s like you make stupid remarks.

Erik, I believe its called Tempur-pedic Swedish Mattress. Im really not too sure though of the brand name. Its basically a queen mattress made of Latex and Memory Foam that this particular store sells.

Erik, I believe its called Tempur-pedic Swedish Mattress. Im really not too sure though of the brand name. Its basically a queen mattress made of Latex and Memory Foam that this particular store sells.

I won't call you names but I do know the name of brands I buy from a candy bar to an automobiles.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

• Administrator
I won't call you names but I do know the name of brands I buy from a candy bar to an automobiles.

Chief, take a chill pill.

Finn, you get what you pay for here. File a charge back with your credit card company if they're not acting up fast enough for you. "It might be a Tempur-Pedic" doesn't tell us much. Tempr-Pedic is a brand name, so despite Chief's gruff nature, he's getting at the right thing.

I don't what price point the foam matteresses sell for but another option is looking at the Sleep Number bed by Select Comfort. My wife and I bought one last month (she has back issues) and it is by far the most comfortable bed I have slept on. Her back issues have subsided and I sleep better than ever. Just another option to look into. http://www.selectcomfort.com

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

I will file a claim with my credit card company because they want to charge me to ship this thing back to them which is ludicrous. The cost of freight shipping will be around 300.00 and im not taking another dime out of my pocket. Well see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mean to change the topic, but I have had both memory foam and air bed mattresses. I liked the air matress bed much better. I get very hot on the foam mattress. The air mattress not conform to your body as well, but the adjustability allows me to find exactly the right firmness level. I don't have a bad back but my hips are not much better than Jack Nicklaus's .

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Note: This thread is 6573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!