IGNORED

Brainwashing by golf courses

uttexas
Note: This thread is 5628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I prefer to walk. I will ride when it's too hot. I live in Dallas and the combination of heat and humidity can be stifling. And yes, I know, you Florida and Houston people have it worse than me.

I think it would do a lot of people good to get out of their carts and walk. Our society in general has become more lazy as technical advances occur.

I prefer to walk. I will ride when it's too hot. I live in Dallas and the combination of heat and humidity can be stifling. And yes, I know, you Florida and Houston people have it worse than me.

Im from Tampa, but live in Vegas now. Let me tell yah, FL has nothing on the summers here. I still play, but theres lots of times it not very enjoyable.

Ill take 90* and the humidity over the 120* dry heat all day long.

Clubs I havent thrown in a lake yet

Driver: R7 CGB max 9.5*
Woods: R5 3, and 5 woods
Hybrids: Rescue Burner 22*, 25*Irons: CG Red 6 - PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: 1 of 100 handmade pebble beach http://scottycameronblog.com/2007/09...pebble-beach/#Vegas golf sucks!!

Im from Tampa, but live in Vegas now. Let me tell yah, FL has nothing on the summers here. I still play, but theres lots of times it not very enjoyable.

90 and humidity is fine, it's when it goes 105 to 108 and humidity which puts me off.

In Japan, golf memberships dropped 95% since their recession started in 1990 and most courses went out of business.

If that's where we're headed then most courses will turn into goat tracks and you will need a four wheel drive cart or more likely be walking.

christmas is walk only day here... basically the proshop is closed and nobody is working... but everyone still plays if they are willing to walk
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I was going to make a joke about my home course using Segways instead of carts... I'LL BE DAMNED!

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

I have MS. I've had it for >15 years. I still play to under a 4.5 and i'm in my early 50's.

Would you have me suffer? Would you have me not be able to play?

Thanks so much for your empathetic support in protest of "the man".

Nice.
GAC

What's In My Bag?
Taylor Made RBZ Driver
Nike Ignite 3 Wood

Taylor Made Burner 5 Wood
Cleveland QuadPro 3 Iron Hybrid
Mizuno MX-200 4 Through WedgeMizuno MP Series Gap and Sand Wedges

Odyssey XG7 Putter

I'm extremely "unfussy" about balls. I'll play anything white and round!  I''ll even play the colors i find.

Read more carefully. I think folks have been pretty careful to specify that they're only complaining about people without a legitimate health reason for needing the cart.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I was going to make a joke about my home course using Segways instead of carts...

It does look fun to try, but what’s with the dorky helmet?

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

When I first started playing back in July, all I knew was rent the cart, drink beer, and hit the white ball. It's what my friends did . . . I thought that was golf.

After a little reading here and other places, watching some golf on TV, and playing 2-3 times a week since, we now walk with pull/push carts. This Spring, we start carrying, temperature and medical conditions permitting. My regular foursome ranges in age from 38 (me), 42, 46, and 58. We decided to walk 2009, and get in better shape.

I am glad I found out what golf was really about.

Steve

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

I prefer to ride in a cart and I have no health problems. So what. Maybe I'm just a little lazy. I used to walk about half the time. Quite frankly, I want to enjoy the four or five hours that I am on the course and I don't think it should be work. I just want to get out and relax a little, put my feet up, and hang with my friends. I don't want to work all week doing what is sometimes a very physical job, and then walk in the hot sun for five hours on one of my two days off. Most of the time, I only have one or two opportunities a month when I have the time to get to the course. The last thing I want to do is to be miserable on the rare chance I get to play.

On a different note, I can think of ten courses in my area. Two of them are unwalkable, two are borderline, and the other six are set up pretty good for walking. I still won't do it, but at four courses it isn't even an option.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Note: This thread is 5628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!