IGNORED

Damn Those Yankees

bogeyhitter25
Note: This thread is 5567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Look at it this way my fellow Sox bleeder, all the pressure is on the Yanks. If they don't win this year, that will be almost as enjoyable as the Sox actually winning it. I was upset with the signing also. I wanted him in a our laundry. Nobody can spend like that, what are you gonna do? If the Sox had come up to 180 mil than the Yanks would have gone to 190 and so on. Can't be mad at anyone, circumstantial. How fun will it be though if they can't win with all that?

In the bag:

Irons X20 5-SW
Hybrids Slingshot 20* and 23*
Fairway Wood SasQuatch 15* Rescue:18* Perfect Plus (Don't laugh! I fairway people to death with that thing!)Putter Dual Force 550 Proudly, I hit no Driver. Who needs it?

Look at it this way my fellow Sox bleeder, all the pressure is on the Yanks. If they

Even more fun than it was watching them not make the playoffs this past season!

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

All of the large market teams will never agree to revenue sharing.They pay the "Luxury tax" and the small market teams take the cash and smile.I love it when "Free Marketeers"cry over what someone else spends.Unless you do what the NFL did then baseball will allways have a large and smaal teams setup.The Yankees put damn near all the money back into the team.They go to play the small market teams and sell out the house for them.If the yankees pulled a lets say Kansas city and fielded all rookies do you really think the small market teams would benefit?Everyone wants the Yankees and Redsox to come to thier park as often as possible and ESPN wants to switch them to Sunday night and so on and so on.They are good for the game period.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

No argument. I'm not crying over spending. The Sox spend huge money. Just not as much as the Yanks are able to, especially with the new Stadium. Sox field a contender every year, no tears here. All that spending guarantees nothing as we've seen.

In the bag:

Irons X20 5-SW
Fairway Wood SasQuatch 15* Rescue:18* Perfect Plus (Don't laugh! I fairway people to death with that thing!)Putter Dual Force 550 Proudly, I hit no Driver. Who needs it?

I agree but if you suck long enough and keep letting your good players go you get enough top draft picks and some of them turn out to be stars.Some of the small market teams are spending the Yankees luxury tax money and locking up the young guys early and therefore competeing on small payrolls.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• 2 weeks later...
Remember, the Yankees payroll will actually be less than it was last year.

Thank God someone said this already. It doesn't make sense to me why people complain about us "buying a World Series" when we are just out after the best players. Just because we have more capital than any other team, doesn't mean we are cheating. It's more than a baseball team for the Yankees, its a business. What we make year in and year out, we turn around and put it back into the team. We pay our luxury taxes and dues. We are following every rule out there.

Thank God someone said this already.

That's because the Yankees can't even make the playoffs with a $230million payroll or however ridiculously large it is. That, my friend, is why it makes no sense.

-Rich

I think the question is, why are you complaining? If the Yankees keep spending money and losing, why would you want it to stop? Everyone is talking like the Yankees haven't been in the playoffs for the last ten years.

Bag: Cheapo
Driver:983K
Woods: Steelhead
Irons-PW: X-12
SW: 56* CG14LW: 60* CG14Putter:Craz-E "I Series"BallNY, NY"Chinch Bugs"

I don't really see Sabathia doing as well this year. I don't know, something about him.

what do you base this on?

I'm really hoping Smoltzie can help out the Sox. He seems like a hard-working kind of guy. Best of luck to him.

Take off your chowd glasses - its great that you're a homer but the only reason Smoltz will not fail this year is because there are not huge expectations for him

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

That's because the Yankees can't even make the playoffs with a $230million payroll or however ridiculously large it is. That, my friend, is why it makes no sense.

It's not like we hadn't made the playoffs every year since '95 up until last year....oh wait, we did make it every year in that span. We have a bunch of talent on our major league squad who came through our farm system. Doesn't help we had some injuries that plagued us throughout all last year as well. Doesn't matter anymore though, we went out, had a great offseason, reduced our payroll and are ready to take our place as the best in the league once again.

It's not like we hadn't made the playoffs every year since '95 up until last year....oh wait, we did make it every year in that span. We have a bunch of talent on our major league squad who came through our farm system. Doesn't help we had some injuries that plagued us throughout all last year as well. Doesn't matter anymore though, we went out, had a great offseason, reduced our payroll and are ready to take our place as the best in the league once again.

Are you on the team?

In the bag:

Irons X20 5-SW

thats all you got? are you on the team?

Bag: Cheapo
Driver:983K
Woods: Steelhead
Irons-PW: X-12
SW: 56* CG14LW: 60* CG14Putter:Craz-E "I Series"BallNY, NY"Chinch Bugs"

Well here is some good news The yanks signed pettite for one more year which means chamberlin can be the 8th inning guy in front of rivera.DAMN YANKEES!!!

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4

Note: This thread is 5567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!