IGNORED

On a flush hit, which feels best to you?

Dub
Note: This thread is 5548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which of your clubs feels the best when you hit it flush?

• Driver
    • Woods
    • Hybrids
    • Irons
    • Wedges
    • Putter

Has to be the irons. I play the Titleist 981 DCI irons and they aren't all that forgiving, but have a sweet feel when hit pure. The drivers these days have a nice feel to them, but you can miss pretty bad and still have a good feel. I play the Taylormade r7 460 and can almost miss the face completely and still be amazed at the results. Still nothing like a pure strike on a mid-long quality iron to me.

My 3 iron. For sure and by a long shot.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Im still new to this game but I have been around it for 20 yrs. I used to mow greens and tees and a top 100 private course,,just never played. Boy do I feel dumb now...

AnyWAY. A bud of mine with a 5HC and 15 yrs of exp understood this whole compression feeling I got this one drive I had. He says he will experience this on occasion also. A college player I know also said %85 of his drives, he feels the ball compress.

DOES anyone else here feel that impact through the stick when they drive? Most of the time I just feel the click clack of instant impact.

Anyone else here feel that THUD and feeling of total resistance with the driver?

That's interesting that some of you are chosing long irons.

For me it's the 7-8-9. The design of the Rac MBs in the 7-8-9 places what appears to be a little more mass behind the sweet spot on those irons, and also in the bottom third of those blades. The sole is not wide, but it has this perfectly balanced/weighted feel down there.

I find myself wishing the heads of my 3/4/5/6 had just a little more mass behind the sweet spot, the heads seem just a tiny bit too light.

This was one of those hand-me-down deals, so I can't complain -- I hit the irons better than any other clubs I own, and they feel great.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

a solid hit forged iron is effortless and watching the flight of the ball is heavenly.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I would have to go with my long irons. There is no other feeling like solid contact on a long iron and looking up and watching the ball go out of sight.

Same here. I only wish I hit them more consistently.

Driver: HiBore
Fairway Woods: Prostaff FS #3 Great Big Bertha II #7
Irons: Staff Di7 Irons 4-GW
Wedges: CG10 54* CG12 60*
Putter: Black MaxBall: Trispeed

Note: This thread is 5548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!