IGNORED

Golf Trip Activites -- any ideas?

Rounders
Note: This thread is 5568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last year was our first annual buddies golf trip. We had a blast. This year we are growing from 12 to 16 and I'm helping my buddy plan the trip. He's taking care of the reservations and lodging. He asked me to help with the "social" side of the weekend.

We are planning on 5 rounds over 3 days: 18 on Sunday, 36 on Monday, 36 on Tuesday and then head home. We drive over to Michigan (from Chicago), so we can pack our cars with anything we need.

This past year we just hung around our townhomes on Sunday, grilled some food, played some poker and watched the Sunday night football game (trip is in September). Then on Monday night we went to a bar, and caught the Monday night game.

It was a fun trip but I'm looking for some ideas that others have done in the past on their golf trips. Let me hear what you got....

Driver: R9
Fairway Woods: 07 Burner Rescue
Hybrid: 07 Burner Rescue
Irons: X-16's
Wedges: CG10 Black Pearl 54* Putter: Rossa Fontana

We are entering our 15th annual trip this spring and I've been running ours for the past 10 years….with a bunch of guys you want to keep the format as simple as possible. We have a mandatory $120 entry fee that covers Ryder Cup, skins, and greenies (low front, back, and totals are voluntary however every gets in on this). You are either A or B flight….A flighters that struggle through the first couple of rounds may get moved to B (and vise versa). Captains are selected and a Ryder Cup draft is held the first night we are there.

-Day 1 p.m. individual (skins, greenies, low frt-bk-totals)
-Day 2 a.m. Ryder Cup (team best ball + skins, greenies, low frt-bk-totals))
-Day 2 p.m. individual (skins, greenies, low frt-bk-totals)
-Day 3 a.m. Ryder Cup (individual + skins, greenies, low frt-bk-totals)
-Day 3 p.m. 4-man Scramble (plus Calcutta…we call it a horserace)

I have the entire format on an xls document…I can send it to you if you like. Ryder Cup losers cook dinner for the winning team.

The draft is probably the best night of the trip. It usually takes about 2 hours (and about 20 beers)......lots of pressure on the captains! We also do a "putting for beer" night. We'll grab a bunch of beer and head over to the putting green, make teams, and put for beer. And of course your standard poker games...and depending on where we are, a possible trip to the ballet .

There are a few things that I have learned throughout my years of running this type of outing:

1. Make sure everybody knows their tee-times for the entire weekend. We post a poster sized list with tee-times for the entire weekend where everybody can see it.
2. Collecting betting money can be very difficult with large groups. Include appropriate betting money in total cost and collect up front.
3. If you are staying in separate living quarters, recruit help from people in each house to ensure people get to their tee-times on time.

I've been on outings before where the host was a flake and there was no organization. We caped ours at 28 golfers but we have another 20 that try and get in every year. Everybody that gets in typically stays in because ours is extremely well organized (not to toot my own horn). Make sure whoever is running yours keeps the entire group informed and does not take any crap.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Play Golf ,Drink Beer,go find some loose Women

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

There's always one guy who wants to use the trip as a cover to go to strip clubs or to pick up hookers. If/when he gets busted or simply blabs to the wrong person, EVERYone on the trip is assumed to have participated (at worst) or covered it up (at best). My suggestion is that if you are THAT guy, just sneak out and do your business and don't involve the others at all - don't even let them know where you are going or what you are doing. My advice if you are going on a buddies trip is to let your position be known on that kind of thing.

Now, if you are ALL "that" guy, then, by all means go out and have a blast!

...and be sure to invite me along :P

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

gambling
fishing
bowling
pool hall
camping
hiking
beach
boating
Jenga (OK kidding about the Jenga)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

We are entering our 15th annual trip this spring and I've been running ours for the past 10 years….with a bunch of guys you want to keep the format as simple as possible. We have a mandatory $120 entry fee that covers Ryder Cup, skins, and greenies (low front, back, and totals are voluntary however every gets in on this). You are either A or B flight….A flighters that struggle through the first couple of rounds may get moved to B (and vise versa). Captains are selected and a Ryder Cup draft is held the first night we are there.

Wow! Thanks for the advice. I appreciate the time. If you can send me the excel document, I would appreciate it, email is

rdmaguire@rcn.com Thanks!

Driver: R9
Fairway Woods: 07 Burner Rescue
Hybrid: 07 Burner Rescue
Irons: X-16's
Wedges: CG10 Black Pearl 54* Putter: Rossa Fontana

Just freestyle it dude. Sounds like an AARP trip with the itinerary. After 36 holes, all I want is a burbon and coke after a hot shower. Maybe a massage from a hot swedish chic.

WITB:
Driver-B'stone J33R 9.5* Pro Force V2 65S 44.5"
3w/5w-B'stone J33R 15-18* NV75 Stiff
3h Ping G10 21* TFC Stiff
irons-Mizuno Pro II w/4-9, MP-T 47 PW, currently have DG S300. X100 Soft Stepped 1x or PX 6.0 are on stand by.GW Mizuno MP-T 53-9* DG R300LW Titleist Vokey SM 58-12* DG Wedge flexT...

Note: This thread is 5568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!