IGNORED

Mizuno MP-60's or Titleist 695CB?

Note: This thread is 6615 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm getting fitted for some new irons tomorrow, and had pretty much decided on Mizuno MP-60s, but I'm now considering the Titleist 695CB's because they look great and they're 1º strong throughout the set, which would be good for me because my new swing has me delofting the club less at impact so my iron ball flight is very high. Its pretty obvious that I can't go wrong with either club, but I'd like to get the better of the two. Any suggestions?

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

• Administrator
I'm getting fitted for some new irons tomorrow, and had pretty much decided on Mizuno MP-60s, but I'm now considering the Titleist 695CB's because they look great and they're 1º strong throughout the set, which would be good for me because my new swing has me delofting the club less at impact so my iron ball flight is very high. Its pretty obvious that I can't go wrong with either club, but I'd like to get the better of the two. Any suggestions?

They're 2° strong, Jeff, and they're strong because so much weight is low in the club that they actually come off at about the same loft as the 695MB.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I meant that they are 1º stronger than the MP-60's which I have heard are pretty high trajectory irons, but like you said, all the weight is low...

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

Looks: they are both great and techy Performance: mizunos fly further and higher, titelist hit a more boring trajectory with more spin and workabillity
Price: Mizunos are a little crazy, go back to 799. Tour usage: 695 series are a hit! MP 60's, not really. If you are a solid ball striker and you want to become a shot maker get the titelist, if you want to be a great ball striker get the mp 60's. Hope this helps

Note: This thread is 6615 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!