IGNORED

broke a window!!

jermzkill
Note: This thread is 5550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Check with your home owners insurance too. I know that my policy covers me if I were to break someone elses window.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some states (the more liberal ones) have had cases with the ruling favoring the homeowner vs. the "trespass by golf balls"

interesting fodder:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/24/sp...lf/24golf.html

http://www.insurancejournal.com/maga...ures/59028.htm

http://www.golfcourserealty.com/feat...rance-3921.htm

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Don't pay a thing until you talk to a lawyer. I believe the government ruled that it is the homeowners responsibilty. Look into this deeper.

hehe...for $200, I would rather pay it than probably pay more for attorney's fees...

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S "B2"
R7 CGB 3 Wood Fuji S
'11 Rescue 3 Hybrid Aldila RIP S
      710 AP2: 4-PW DG300 S
      Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 50/56/60*

Newport Beach: Ghosted

Can you get insurance for this?? I mean, as a golfer? What if you KILLED someone? ( I mean, what if a person does, not YOU exactly... )

Over in the UK, you can get insurance for this specific purpose.

It usually covers a couple of other bits too, such as theft of clubs, bar bill in case of a hole in 1 etc.

I live in a condo where a big half circle window has been broken twice. It is a par 3 and would take a very bad shot with some luck to hit it (due to the roofline of the condo next) We put up some aluminum sheet on some backer board so it does not get hit again. $900 was the estimate from two glass companies for the tempered glass fix.

Golfer left no note.

But.....I think it's the homeowners problem....don't live on a golf course if you can't handle some wayward shots.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Not sure, but a buddy of mine used to live on a golf course in Georgia, and he said down there the golfer wasn't liable if he knocked a window out of a house on a course. He said homeowners on the course took care of it.

Steve

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

My parents live on a course in Alabama. It is the homeowners problem, if a window is broken, or the shingles on the roof are damaged, or the siding with damaged. It is part of the insurance policy that they HAD to have for living on a course.

Do not let the Homeowner bully you into paying. If you feel so inclined to pay that is on you, but you do not have to.

I called the golf course and they told me I am responsible. I'll try and talk to the guy and see if I can pay half hopefully.
Driver: 3dx driver 10.5*
Irons: 3dx hybrid irons 5-P
Iron: X-14 3 iron
Wood: MT 4wood 16.5*
Wedge: Lob 60*Putter: White Hot 2-ballBag: Xtreme Sport Stand Bag

I think its the homeowners nickel. They live on the course and assume that responsibility.

So by your reasoning if you drove your car into someone's house it would be the homeowners nickel because they live on the road.

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As you should.

You know I take full responsibility for this but by living on a golf course I believe you take the risk of having your house hit. The guy told me himself that his house is hit all the time.

Can you get insurance for this?? I mean, as a golfer? What if you KILLED someone? ( I mean, what if a person does, not YOU exactly... )

also, could a teaching pro who gave you lessons be charged as an accomplice in this crime? would make for an interesting case

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

So by your reasoning if you drove your car into someone's house it would be the homeowners nickel because they live on the road.

That def isn't synonymous...

You know I take full responsibility for this but by living on a golf course I believe you take the risk of having your house hit. The guy told me himself that his house is hit all the time.

I live on a course, yes there is risk, but if someone breaks my window they should pay. Like I said why is this different then causing damage to someones property in some other way by accident?

Rob Tyska

As you should.

I have to admit, I'm surprised that so many on a forum devoted to a sport that prides itself in integrity and self-regulation wouldn't accept responsibility for their own actions. My own sense of personal responsibility doesn't disappear when a $200 price tag is attached. But maybe that's just me......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

David, I accept total responsibility as I have stated. I can't really afford to fix a window as I am in college, but I would gladly pay half because it was of course my fault. There should be a regulation to have shatter proof windows if you live on a freaking golf course though.

When you hit a ball into a house, or onto someone's property - you may have comitted trespassing. If you go into someone's lawn (on to someone's property) to retrieve your ball you are comitting trespassing. That's two counts.

Next time, you may have to play it as a lost ball O.B., hit a provisional and move on - not admitting guilt.

If my window gets broken by a hailstone, can I have God (by way of the Church) pay for the repair?

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I think that jermzkill is doing the right thing here. It has been mentioned previously that there are so many who wouldn't have taken responsibility for their actions in this situation.

IMHO it would be dumb to have a house one a course without having an extra rider in your insurance to cover these types of situations (honestly, too, the individuals that own houses on golf courses can probably afford the extra coverage). There is some "inherient" dangers that come with having a house on course property and I am sure that there are rules and laws that govern these situations in many (if not all) states. Getting legal advice in this situation is probably going to cost more than the cost of the window.

What I would do, having been a broke college student myself for many years, is offer the gentleman half of the cost up front and see if he would agree to a simple repayment arragenment (ex: $200 total cost, $100 deposit with $25 dollars weekly for the next 4 weeks) if you explain to the gent. that you want to repay the total, but you are strapped for cash he shouldn't bust your balls (sorry about the pun) over it. Write up the agreement, both of you sign it, have a neutral 3rd party sign it and keep to the agreement, and for your records get a receipt for each payment.
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

Note: This thread is 5550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!