IGNORED

New Irons

Note: This thread is 6604 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok guys I think it is time for me to upgrade my Taylormade RAC HT irons, my handicap is around 13 and I was just wondering what irons I should try out that will help me in the long run. I'm trying to move away from the game-improvement irons as it feels like I just can't get any further with the HT's anymore and they are game-impovement irons. I'm thinking about the mizuno mp-30, rac lt and callaway x-18. Are there any others I should try out that have worked well for you guys?

In the Bag:

Driver: Taylormade r7 425 10.5
Woods: Taylormade Rescue Fairway #3
Irons: Taylormade Rac HT 3-PWWedges: Callaway Vintage Black 52 Top Flite 56 sandwedge Top Flite 60Putter: Taylormade Rosso Sport Marenello #2Ball: ...

I recently made the same decision and tried all 3 of the irons you just mentioned. For me I felt the most comfortable with the LT's (will have them monday) although I think with a different shaft I may have liked the MP 30's as well. The X-18 I actually was my least favorite and think that the old X-14s were a better fit. The old Rac OS is also a good club and is a step up from the HT's and fairly inexpensive right now, the OS2 have a wider sole that I just can't force myself to like. I would also try the Bridgestone J33 as long as you are swinging away.

But then again, look at my Handicap... I might not be the one you want to take advise from

IN THE BAG

Driver: R580 W/ Fujikura VistaPro Eighty S Flex
Woods: 15* 300 series R80
Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT T Step Professional 110-gram steel RegularWedge: TP Rac Black Y Cutter 52/8 56/12Putter: Nubbins M2Ball: Bridgestone e5Course: League @ Bedford Hills

Handicap is not the only number to consider, you may play regularly on a tough course to get that handicap. Good advise is aways good no matter what your handicap is.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I recently (6 months) switched to the Mizuno MP-30's from my old Callaway S2H2, and could not be any happier. I also tried the Callaways X-18, and did not like the appearance standing over the ball. I love looking down at the clean lines on the Mizuno's- and that gives me added confidence standing over the ball, especially when I need to snot a long iron into a green.

The bottom line is you need to be confortable with your selection, especially at address, and I found that with the MP-30's. I also have no problems working the ball left and right now, and playing punches.

I would recomend these clubs to anyone making an investment in improving their game.

Wood
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

Hit the mp 32's...couplefriendhave them and they love them...mizuno clubs are good all around.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

aren't the mp-32 more of a blade iron, do you think they would be to advanced for me, i'll have to try them out and see

In the Bag:

Irons: Taylormade Rac HT 3-PWWedges: Callaway Vintage Black 52 Top Flite 56 sandwedge Top Flite 60Putter: Taylormade Rosso Sport Marenello #2Ball: ...

also after looking at some of the mizuno prices i think im going to have to go with something a little cheaper in price range but it all depends on how i hit them, if i hit them really good then i might think about spending the extra money on them.

In the Bag:

aren't the mp-32 more of a blade iron, do you think they would be to advanced for me, i'll have to try them out and see

The MP-32 are more "blade like". I found the MP-30's to have enough blade characteristics to suit me just fine, with a little more forgiveness and playability for the "occasional"

off center hit. Remember- get what feels good for you. These looked good and felt good- and continue to be the perfect iron for me. If possible, find out when a "demo day" is in your area, and try as many different clubs as you can. As for the pricing, I would think about how long you would be playing with the clubs, and what that extra $100 looks like over a 10 year period.
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

The MP 32 Irons are what they call "Cut Muscle." They are kinda of in between a cavity back and a blade. The forgiveness of a cavity back but the accuracy of a blade and almost the distance. I would recommend trying them out to see how you can hit them.

What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Note: This thread is 6604 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!