IGNORED

The Odyssey

Titleist Man
Note: This thread is 5559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone read it?

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

yep. Whaddya wanna know?
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

He makes it back home.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I have i think it is an excellent book
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

He makes it back home.

Well I know that I already read it I just wanted to know if we have anyone on TST that has read it.

Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Read it, and

Hows the Illiad thinkin about readin that 2

Hows the Illiad thinkin about readin that 2

I read and really enjoyed The Odyssey. Read it about three years ago. The Illiad is still sitting on my shelf. I am very fascinated by ancient civilizations. Particularly the Roman and Greek empires. Along with the Gods they worshipped and the superstitions that followed. Its cool to me to think that thousands of years ago there were classes of citizens working together running a country. Anyway, The Odyssey delivered exactly what I had expected in hearing of the book before I read it. Good stuff!

Other ancient Roman stories I like are the movie Satyricon and HBO's series Rome.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Yes. Read that and a proverbial shit-ton of other Classical Literature. Became a hobby even though it was hardly a focus for my English major (more focused on editorial process and technical writing).

The Iliad's great, too. But I like reading things like Ovid's Metamorphoses and Herodotus's Histories and the Dead Sea Scrolls more most of the time. History of the Peloponnesian War... Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire... All wonderful stuff.

Read it in freshman English, so two years ago now. Not that bad of a read, a little confusing at times, depends on which translated version you get.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Did a bitof classics during my first and second years of university so I've read and studied both the Illiad and the Odyssey . I'd also suggest checking out Virgil's Aeneid as a good read, the first part of it deals with some of the story of the Trojan War that the Illiad doesn't cover (the Trojan Horse bit for example, which is an excellent passage to read in Latin if you can be bothered learning how).

Read it, and

I have read The Iliad but have never heard of The Illiad.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

(the Trojan Horse bit for example, which is an excellent passage to read in Latin if you can be bothered learning how).

Believe it or not i actually know a bit of latin have to learn in for school. Pretty dumb to be learning a dead language IMHO.

read it probably over a decade ago....decent read from my recollection

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

Believe it or not i actually know a bit of latin have to learn in for school. Pretty dumb to be learning a dead language IMHO.

I agree - lots of our highschools if you choose to go for languages instead of science or economics, you have to achieve a certain level, called the "little Latinum" and the "big Latinum". Some schools even still teach old greek - that sure will come in handy...

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

in my school(and im not in college either) you take latin for 5 yrs then greek for 2. Pointless IMHO but then again latin's not that hard....

Note: This thread is 5559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!