IGNORED

Hilton Head

Note: This thread is 5543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recently booked a trip to Hilton Head for early June. We will be staying at Sea Pines Resort and playing Harbour Town, The Ocean Course, and Palmetto Dunes-Fazio Course. Anyone have experience with the courses or resort that might help make the trip more enjoyable?

909 D3 with Diamana White X
909 F3 15degree with Aldila Vodoo
ZM Forged 2-PW
Voley 56 and 60
Studio Newport 1.5 PRo V1X

Recently booked a trip to Hilton Head for early June. We will be staying at Sea Pines Resort and playing Harbour Town, The Ocean Course, and Palmetto Dunes-Fazio Course. Anyone have experience with the courses or resort that might help make the trip more enjoyable?

Lived in Sea Pines with a buddy after graduating college. Played all those courses but my favorite with out a doubt is Palmetto Dunes. Head over to the brew pub which is already on the south end after your rounds. There are a couple good bars right there within 50 ft of each other (Riley's).

MP-57 3-PW
907 D1
CG-12 *56
Vokey sm *60
Tight Lies 3 woodSeeMore MFGP putter

Hi there!

Hilton Head Island is one of my favorite places to visit. The island has a charm about it that you can't find anywhere else in my opinion. You can't go wrong with the Hilton Head diner which is on the main drag before you get to the Sea Pines area. The Salty Dog is a place where everyone goes to get a t-shirt and if you're landing at Savannah, on the way into HHI I recommend stopping at Jim and Nick's BBQ, good stuff!

You'll have tons of fun on any of the golf courses there, the last time I was there in 04, they were working on something at the Ocean course, but I think they're done by now. That place has so many good courses, you could spend a lifetime there and not even play every one of them. Have fun!

909 D2, 9.5 with Matrix Ozik XCon 5
909 F2, 15.5 3W with Matrix Ozik Xcon 5
909 H, 19 & 24 with stock Aldila Voodoo S
AP2, 5-PW with Project X 5.5
CG10, 52 gap wedge CG10, 56 sand wedge Spin Milled, 60 lob wedge Newport 2.5

I live here in Hilton Head. You will have a lot of fun at those courses. I played Harbour Town last Wednesday, that is always a treat. Very hard course, but it is special to play. The par 3's are the best and the last 3 holes as you turn onto the water are awesome.

the Fazio course at PD is a George Fazio design, it is pretty good, but rather tuff from the tips. Only down side is they don't have a big enough range for you to hit your driver.

With you staying in sea pines, I would suggest hitting a few places there. the quarter deck is right next to the lighthouse and is a nice place to eat. the crazy crab is on the harbour and is very casual. If you are wanting a special meal and great wine list, go across the streat to CQ's.

Let me know what types of places you want to eat or see and I can send you some good info.
My Sticks
Driver - Adams Tech A4 9.5* Matrix Xcon 7 X flex 266 Freq
3Wd - Exotics CB2 15* Motore F1 S flex tipped to 275 Freq
Hybrid - Taylormade Rescue TP 17* & 21*
Irons - 4 thru PW Mizuno MP 62 +1/2 X100 shaftsWedges - Vokey 52* and Scratch Golf WLD grind 58*Putter - Rife IBF Tour Assie custom fitGri...

Note: This thread is 5543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!