IGNORED

Funniest Incident You've Witnessed

Doctorfro
Note: This thread is 5491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The funniest thing I've seen on the course was one of the most painful things. We were walking over to the next hole when a ball screams over me and hits a guy in the nuts. At first we thought he just fell over tripping. Felt so bad for the guy but couldn't stop smiling. Ranger was the one who waved the group behind us to hit up and no "FORE" was heard from him...

« Keith »

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I broke a coach's hand at Tanoan CC in Albuquerque in a high school tournament in 1996 - we were teeing off 7 Acoma (short par 5, tee shot over a hill, blind landing area) - since the landing area was blind, we didn't know there were two coaches standing in the left rough. I hit a hard draw about 280-290 on the fly and hear someone scream out 'sh*t' - we walk up there and my ball hit the guy in the hand on the fly - broke two bones. I felt bad for awhile, but he shouldn't have been standing in a blind landing area.

so my funniest is also at my own expense...

I was playing the #1 course at Sherrill Park, and had spent 5 minutes in the fairway of a long par 5 chatting up the cute cartgirl to buy a snickers while waiting for the group ahead to finish up on the green. they clear the green, she drives off about 15 yrds to watch my shot, I throw the snickers in the cart and walk over to my ball with an iron. I hit a nice clean 4 that rolled up to the fringe and was feeling pretty froggy about it, walked over to throw my club in my bag and realized my cellphone was in the floorboard... AND MY SNICKERS WAS GONE... I walk around the far side of the cart and see a bushy tail, walk to the front and there's a squirrel holding my snickers and just chittering away at me... so what do I do with my 3 playing partners and the cute cartgirl watching? of course, I throw my club at the squirrel and miss - he picks up the candy bar in his teeth and takes off running... now Im running after him, throwing golf balls out of my pocket at him, yelling!!! he runs up a tree, and I realize I look like a freaking lunatic, and my buddies and the cartgirl are ROLLING...

She did give me a free replacement snickers though...

What I play:

R7 Limited, UST V2
Burner 3W, Rifle ULF
Tour 3H-4H, Rifle ULF RAC MB 5-PW, Rifle ULF 54*, 58*, TP Smoke wedges Black Pearl Studio Select 1.5 ProV1 or TP Red LDP

I was very young when it happened, but I remember it well.

My grandfather was out for a visit, at his home course, the parking break on the carts automatically engage. But at my course they do not. He had just driven the cart on the path behind the first green, looking down a large hill which then comes to the fairway of the fourth hole. (You can probably tell where I'm going with this) Well he got out of the cart, and walked on the green, and the cart slowly started to lurch forward, then it started rolling down the hill, he started to run after it, and then the cart turned into the hill, and started to stop, so he stopped running as fast and was now kinda walking quickly over to it, when it turned back down the hill. It zoomed down the hill probably reaching 30-40 mph, right behind this foursome on the fairway, then hit a railroad tie that is on the edge of a creek, it launched up in the air, the clubs in the bags shot into the air and all over the place. And the cart dissipated into the creek and the tall grass. Then the group just played on like nothing happened.

Luckily the cart was extracted and still worked, no one has hurt, and we found all the clubs :D

driver- ping rapture
3/5 wood- cobra speed ld f
irons- titleist 735 cm
wedges, 52/58- cleaveland cg12
putter- ping pal 4

Playing at a course in Iowa that had a electric high line that went across one of the fairways. Now my friend can hardly hit a fairway so what are the chances he can hit a high power electric high line?!?!?! Well he did, when the ball hit the line, it just disappeared into a cloud of white dust. We were dumb founded and it took several seconds for us to believe what just happened, the local rule always for you to replay your ball if it hits the high line, but we didn't know the other penalty was your ball turned to a cloud of dust!!!!!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I was playing by myself on a really cold day. Well, it was really cold for South Carolina (around 32-33 degrees). I played the front nine with no incidents but when I made the turn I picked up a partner. It was a dog :) I love dogs. He was that type of dog that would just kind of stick around but wouldn't let you get close to him. He looked to be some kind of Walker/Lab mix.

Anyway, the 10th fairway has a fairly large pond off to the left and of course I pull it left. While I'm down there looking for the ball this dog goes flying past me and bails off into the water (remember it's almost freezing outside) After he gets out of the water he takes off running towards the 18th fairway. I find my ball and hit my lay up shot and then a wedge about 15 feet from the hole. When I get up on the green here comes the dog and he lays down on the side of the green and starts watching me. I find this kind of odd but I go ahead and get ready to putt. As soon as I hit the ball he takes off after it. Snatches the ball up and he's GONE!!!!!!!!

I was laughing to hard to try to run after him (like I would have caught him anyway). I think he's actually done that before. I have't seen him since but the dog actually looked like he knew that I was about to putt and was just waiting on his chance.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

Note: This thread is 5491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!