IGNORED

695.mb

Note: This thread is 6584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have the 695CB's and I love them, they're 2º stronger than the MB's though. Appearance-wise, the MB's are gorgeous!

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

• Administrator
I'm thinking about getting a set of 695's and I was wondering if anyone here owns a set and if so, how are they.

I've played a few rounds with a set. I got the same Rifle 6.0 FCM shafts as I have in the TM RAC MB TPs, and if we set the standard as TM RAC MB TP == 100, then the 695.MBs are about a 96.

I found that, with the RACs, I could get the ball out of slightly worse lies than I could with the 695s and that the RACs were ever so slightly more forgiving. All that weight low in the head of the RACs seems to be responsible for this. Don't let my scale fool you - I'm not saying the RAC MB TPs are as great as a set of irons will ever be by giving it a 100 - I'm just trying to illustrate how close I feel the 695s and the RAC MB TPs are. Comparing the 695.MBs to the 680s or the 735s... let's see... The 735s obviously give you the help with the longer irons. I like the looks of the 695s more, but I've never had much of a problem getting long irons in the air. The 735s are naturally more forgiving, but they lag behind slightly in feel. I like the lower ball flight I get with the 680s over the 695s, but I'm a higher-ball hitter. The 695s and the 680s both feel about the same, with the edge to the 695s. I think the "Z" muscle on the back put the sweet spot in a slightly better spot or at least improves the feel in a wider area than on my 680s. But, then again, the 680 is a pretty demanding club... That all may or may not help.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I have the 695CB's and I love them, they're 2º stronger than the MB's though. Appearance-wise, the MB's are gorgeous!

They're stronger but they launch on approximately the same angle. The CG is lower in the CBs over the MBs so they had to strengthen the loft or else the CB would go higher and shorter than the same iron in the MB set.

In other words, the stronger loft in the CB versus the MB makes combo sets a possibility. If the CB was higher/shorter, you'd have a weird gap in a combo set if you went from 3-6 iron CB and then 7-PW in MB...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tried out the 695.MB's and thought that they were great clubs, however I didn't purchase them. I went ahead with the Cleveland CG1 Black Pearls, because they felt better to me. I highly suggest you go to your local pro shop and demo them, I'm sure you'll love them.

Note: This thread is 6584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!