IGNORED

Favorite iPhone/iTouch App

whip_it_out
Note: This thread is 5470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Compared to what? The iPhone is actually pretty competitively priced. Look at some of the Blackberries...The minutes plans are the same as you'll get with other phones and plans and carriers, and the data plans are relatively inexpensive...And those iPhone updates are free. It's not like we're going to be buying new phones to use MMS - something for which I am far more likely to use EMAIL (a feature that's existed for a long time) anyway...Sounds like you've made up your mind. Good for you. Given the rate of sales for the iPhone, though, it seems as though plenty of people have different criteria and opinions.

You're right - the iPhone is competitively priced - on its own. I guess I should have made it more clear - I'm more against the service plans than anything else ATM (which is why I got the touch). Similarly structured plans with iPhone competitors (Samsung Instinct on Sprint, G1 on TMobile, etc) on other carriers are typically cheaper. Not by leaps and bounds, but definitely cheaper.

As for blackberries - on the whole its similarly priced (still cheaper normally), but you're paying for reliable email that works well AND SECURELY in a corporate environment. The iPhone fails miserably in that environment (though I still do use my touch for my work email anyway - afterall I am the admin :P). As for voice minutes comparisons - its the last thing I look at. There are so many other ways to communicate with people these days, I find voice to be the least productive out of them all. Sure I'll give it some weight if I had to choose a new phone+carrier. But for the most part I want reliable internet and texting. Dare try calling internationally via skype over 3G? I do it all the time. Can't do it with the iPhone (only wifi). Not to mention AT&T;'s service really sucks in NYC - sprint and verizon are tops here. As far as the iPhone sales goes - I expected this to happen, as did most other people. Like I said in my previous post - most iPhone users are people that wanted to try out a smartphone coming from a dumbphone. One thats intuitive, has sex appeal, and 'seems' fairly priced. The small percentage of iPhone owners that didn't come from a dumbphone - well they're the ones who jailbroke it :P Great device, poor plans.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

• Administrator
As far as the iPhone sales goes - I expected this to happen, as did most other people. Like I said in my previous post - most iPhone users are people that wanted to try out a smartphone coming from a dumbphone.

Unfortunately, the numbers don't agree with you on that one. iPhones have a higher percentage of users switching from other smart phones than smart phone market share.

Look those figures up on your own time, though. They're not really on topic of which apps to buy - a topic we'll get back to now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Unfortunately, the numbers don't agree with you on that one. iPhones have a higher percentage of users switching from other smart phones than smart phone market share.

Will do.

Another app I love to use now - the FedEx app. Really useful for tracking lots of shipments.

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

• Administrator

Getting back on topic, does "Weather" count? You know, the built-in one? Heh heh. because that's the app I probably use the most, and which has the biggest impact on my golfing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

right now my favorite app is pandora, i just plug it into my surround sound and connect to internet with wifi and get music all day, good way to find new music too.

i also love the teeshot program

which leads me to a question tomorrow im canceling my tmobile and getting the iphone will all the programs i paid for transfer over to my iphone? or do i have to buy them over again?

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

right now my favorite app is pandora, i just plug it into my surround sound and connect to internet with wifi and get music all day, good way to find new music too.

Not sure what programs you speak of. Did you have a jailbroken iPhone that worked with TMobile? If so then it shouldn't be a problem

If you never had an iPhone/iPod touch, then there is no way to transfer any paid apps on a different phone to the iPhone - different OS.

• Administrator
Not sure what programs you speak of. Did you have a jailbroken iPhone that worked with TMobile? If so then it shouldn't be a problem

I think he already answered your question:

i have an ipod touch now and i love it, i would love it even more if it were my phone and everything else

I believe he's talking about transferring apps he bought for his iPod Touch to his iPhone.

yea, i just got my iphone wednesday, I love it and i actually get cell service, got everything transfered over,when i plugged it into my computer it automatically put it all onto the iphone so that was good.

i love the text how it keeps your convo with that person in that one box, and you dont have a million texts all jumbled together =]

i think soon here im about to go golfin, im gonna try out the gps with the teeshot program, see how good it works, ive read alot of stuff about it not workin lol but well see =]

Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

• Administrator
i think soon here im about to go golfin, im gonna try out the gps with the teeshot program, see how good it works, ive read alot of stuff about it not workin lol but well see =]

Now you can buy Scorecard and download the free iPhone companion app.

lol ive thought about it many times lol, I think one of these days i might just do that. lol

the other thing i like about my new service is i get a 16% discount for the company i work for =] 16 is better than none

Victoria ;)

flight control is worth all 99 cents I paid.

oh..and Oregon Trail. CLASSIC!

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

I don't have one and it'll probably be a long time before I own anything like it, but the coolest thing I've seen for it so far was the app that simulates a carpenters bubble level. That's just too cool...

I'm gonna let you guys throw out the functional apps, but as far as games go Cuberunner is my absolute favorite
Bag:
Driver: '09 Burner 9.5*
3 wood: SQ2
Hybrid 3: SQ2
Irons 4 - AW: r7SW: Vokey SM 56FW: 64Putter: fastbackBalls: NXT Tour

I want one. They are pretty damn neat, I don't care who you are.

What I Play
905T 9.5 NV65
AP1 3-W
56deg
Studio Select - Newport 2 34" e6+ Studio Design 2 - in the barn for now

I want an iPhone (current iPod Touch owner) but I'm holding out till VZW gets it. ATT has terrible service in my area.

I have Pandora, GL Golf, HoopsLite, eBay, TiltSnake, Facebook, and a college football tracking app.

Nothing functional.

• Administrator
I want an iPhone (current iPod Touch owner) but I'm holding out till VZW gets it. ATT has terrible service in my area.

I really,

really doubt it's coming to Verizon. Also, read this: http://daringfireball.net/2009/05/verizon_iphone_rumors

I really,

Unless you have a better source than some random blog, it's speculation (just like the speculation that it WILL come to VZW).

The stuff I read DID coincide with what that guy says though. It said Apple definitely doesn't want to produce a CDMA iPhone, but might produce an LTE one. Even VZW says there will never be a CDMA iPhone.

• Administrator
Unless you have a better source than some random blog, it's speculation (just like the speculation that it WILL come to VZW).

It's more than speculation for the very reason you cite: Apple's a pretty easy company to figure out, and as you said, they won't be releasing a CDMA iPhone.

LTE is how far away? Several years, isn't it? So yeah... that's my point.

Note: This thread is 5470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!