IGNORED

Favorite golf character

denver_nuggs_15
Note: This thread is 5519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but who's your favorite golfing character?

Mine is "Mr. I shoot in the high 70s, but can't even buy a par today." The close runner up is "Mr. 200 yard 6 iron." I played with a guy today who shoots in the "high 70s to low 80s." He barely broke 100. Two weeks ago, I played with a guy who claimed to hit a 6 iron 200 yards. I outdrove him by 30 yards on every hole. His 200 yard club was his 3 wood, not a 6.

Who's your fav?

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I played with a guy today who shoots in the "high 70s to low 80s." He barely broke 100.

To be honest, I'm that guy. I usually shoot low 80's, ocassionally in the 70's. My first two H.S. matches of the year i shot 37, and 41. This past match I shot 50! I hooked 3 balls O.B. and one into a water hazard.

there are such things as bad days, you know...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I cant stand the ass who is a 2-15HC that makes smarmy remarks to me just because my swing style isnt PRO taught, but I bomb drives past them on par 4's and 5's. Being new to the game and having limited time to play, im addicted but I dont take it too seriously. So since I blow up a par 3 or hit hazards with my irons, my HC goes high, I dont cheat, give myself better lies, blame it on the course or play slow. I just think that in 2-3 years of seldom play Im in the 90's and these guys only beat me by 10 strokes. I cant help the fact that I just happen to be a big person with power, its no reason to be an ass. Its easier to dvelop a short game IMO than find a natural 120mph SS.

Mine as got to be the guy who waits forever to tee of because he thinks he can hit the group in front then tops it.

Sadly, I have done this. You must hate me. IF by some miracle I have honors, I will defer to others if they are not hitting as far as me. Otherwise I have had HORRIBLE experiences hitting into groups. I have had monstrous drives bounce into a 4some down the middle and they steal my ball, so I always wait now, or I will hurt someone or get pissed when I lose my ball. Im the type to confront the 4some and demand my ball back or else.

Mr. "I'll take forever to hit, yet I'll throw some grass up, even though I clearly know that there's no wind".

And the other three members of his foursome... Mr. I'll change from a 6 iron to a 7 and back 6 times Mr. I need five minutes to look over this six foot putt Mr. twelve practice swings

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I love the guy who you play with and is playing badly. The next day he will play and claim to hit 300 yard drives, and shoot 2 or 3 over for 9. lol the funny thing is a play with a kid who does this.

I love the guy that tells everyone the break on the putts but can't make a 3 footer to save his life. And the guy that misses every shot and blames it on anything under the sun except his swing... that guy must be my best friend because I always get paired with him no matter where I play.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

756 handicap guy who beats you on a 150 yard par 3 because he topped his 4 iron and it rolled 2 feet from the cup, then talks crap for 2 weeks...

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

The guy I got paired up with at Harding Park last week who claimed to play to a 9 and shot and even 100. I shot 96. . My girlfriend and I got a kick outta that one. (she got me the round for a birthday gift and tagged along) I shoulda put some money on the game.

In my bag:

R9
Burner 3w
Burner 5w Burner Plus 4I-SW 60* LW, 52* GW Rossa Spider putter

Note: This thread is 5519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!