IGNORED

Practice Putting Tip

goblue107501
Note: This thread is 5515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know many of you out there are like me and bring the putter in the house to practice putting over the winter. Here is my tip for you:

DON'T FORGET YOUR PUTTER WHEN YOU GO TO PLAY!!!

Every year I play in a family and friends scramble on Easter Saturday. It is about an hour and a half away from my house. I was about halfway there when I realized my putter was still on top of the bookshelf in the basement. Luckily, one of the guys I play with hadn't left yet and brought me his backup, which is the exact putter that I have as a backup that I used for 15 years. I putted really well so it didn't effect me at all, just wish I had my new putter.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Luckily your backup was the exact same thing as your normal putter ... I can play with any other club that isn't mine, but I think that a putter is most important club that one must be familiar with ... I wouldn't want to take a new putter on the course and have to perform right away with it ...

In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

I wish you had posted this a week ago when my son and I both showed up to play without our putters.

All of that practice in the basement was wasted...

I know many of you out there are like me and bring the putter in the house to practice putting over the winter. Here is my tip for you:

Thank you for the tip. I can see this saving me a good 5-10 strokes next time I play.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is a "Ken Venturi Stroke Saver" quality tip.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Happened to my buddy on Friday! Luckily im the only one who remebered there putter..

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

Seriously guys - you think that a forgotten putter will destroy your first round of the year?
Take a wedge/iron to putt or borrow a putter - doesnt matter since most of the greens are still very slow/bumpy and not rolling well at all.

A forgotten putter would be the last thing i would worry about on my first round...

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Happend to me once, but if you count how many clubs you have in the bag before you go out to play this could help a trip back home.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!