IGNORED

Question for the Callaway Players

Seven Iron
Note: This thread is 5499 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Callaway Irons

• X20s
    • X22s
    • Big Bertha Irons

I am in the midst of purchasing a new set of irons and I have always been Callaway so I am curious to what you guys think these irons. OF COURSE it matters that I go try them out because it is what feels good to me, got that down and that is what I am doing this Thursday. Just curious to what you guys think.

IF YOU VOTE PLEASE SAY WHY. Thanks everyone.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

• Administrator
Demo them all, choose the ones you like the most.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Demo them all, choose the ones you like the most.

Thanks iacas. But like I said I know this is what I have to do. I am interested in what people's opinions are. Did you have a preference for one?

2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

I voted for the X-22's. Can't remember why though.... In any event, before buying any clubs (especially an iron set) get fitted!

Already been measured.

I can only comment on the X-22 Tour & X-Forged irons. Both are fantastic! The X-Forged made its way to my final 3 when I was searching. I hit every club I could and tried to base my decision solely on feel and feedback but found myself eliminating the X-22's because they were cast (I know, very shallow of me…).

The BB are way too clunky and bulky and IMO should not even be mentioned with the X-22's or X-Forged irons.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

night bump

how long have you been playing for? and from experience, don't buy the x-22's from ebay. Or atleast try to get real ones. haha...

Buying from Golf Galaxy. Been playing since I was five.

Haha. Yeah they look really sweet. It's a little bout style too!

I play the 18's but am looking to upgrade tothe 22's just wish they had the tour model in graphite shafts.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I just thought I would throw this out there... I absolutely love my Callaway driver and I think they make some great wedges and FW woods, BUT I HATE Callaway irons. I know it's just me, but they feel bulky and look unappealing to me. The topline is too thick at address even on the X-forged. I really wish I could like them too since I am such a big Phil fan. I feel the same way about the Titleist AP2's as well... thick and bulky.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I play the 18's but am looking to upgrade tothe 22's just wish they had the tour model in graphite shafts.

They do offer graphite as an option. Three different graphite models (total of 9 different flex options) from the factory, plus anything you want at the nearest clubfitter. http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/e...tomShafts.html

Buying from Golf Galaxy. Been playing since I was five.

Not sure if you've bought there before, but John Ward and his guys will take good care of you. If you use the simulator at all, try to get in the one on the left, the mat in the other one moves around under your feet, and they told me the right one is much less accurate.

Also, give Kinley's on Fleur a look. They are great to do business with.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Don't care for the BB set at all., The new ones [08's]are even worse.
Callaway has brought the X-18 set back as X-18r. I have only seen with
steel shafts so far. Just got a set of the X-20's. I was looking to compare with
the X-18's. I do like the graphite shafts.

I'm not sure what more you get out of the X-22 over the X-20
other than looks and a lttile different weight distribution, I think.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Not sure if you've bought there before, but John Ward and his guys will take good care of you. If you use the simulator at all, try to get in the one on the left, the mat in the other one moves around under your feet, and they told me the right one is much less accurate.

Are you talking about the Des Moines Golf Galaxy? I suppose you are. I used to get lessons there when my golf pro was working there. He switched to doing lessons at Golf Tec down the road but I buy everything from them. Love the service.

Note: This thread is 5499 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!