IGNORED

whats like a scotty cameron

Note: This thread is 5465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Evidently you didn't read one of my previous posts. Just tired of Scotty honkers talking like he's god when he's not doing anything special, but charging out the ass for what other people have been doing before him. This ain't worth arguing over, opinions and a$$h0les, you know?

Sigh, once again it's not about innovation but the quality of materials and craftsmanship that yield a superior feel. When others do this (Odyssey Black, Bettinardi Black, Kia Ma, Ping Redwood, etc...) they charge out of the ass too. And compared to Camerons, their resale values drop lock a rock.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently you didn't read one of my previous posts. Just tired of Scotty honkers talking like he's god when he's not doing anything special, but charging out the ass for what other people have been doing before him. This ain't worth arguing over, opinions and a$$h0les, you know?

Not doing anything special?! Haha. He has one hugely successful company! You're resorting to the typical anti-Scotty Cameron argument. Many other manufacturers charge the same, if not more, for their top line putters as well. Why don't you bash them too while you're at it? I see you drive an H2? What would you say to people who think you only drive one to "look cool" because I bet you've never truely off-roaded in the thing once! Game a Scotty! I putt well and look cool doing it.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I see you drive an H2? What would you say to people who think you only drive one to "look cool" because I bet you've never truely off-roaded in the thing once!

I do game a Scotty alot. A Futura Phantom Mallet 2 and for the deal I made on the H2 I drive it because I can, these Cincy winters can be a b*tch and may as well be off road.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Are putters different from all the other clubs where your swing is king?

Not following you quite well here....

---"Be the ball"---

Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Danattherock is right on with his recomendation. Not a lot of us can shell out the bucks for a Scotty but that Rife is a great choice at about $160 if I remember correctly. Try it.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Not following you quite well here....

What I mean is, if you swing it right, it doesn't matter what brand club you have in your hand. I would argue that the same thing applies to putting. If you can't read greens , have a good stoke, and judge speed, it doesn't matter if you have a $10 blue light special or the hottest Scotty on the market.

Isn't golf 90% mental?

What I mean is, if you swing it right, it doesn't matter what brand club you have in your hand. I would argue that the same thing applies to putting. If you can't read greens , have a good stoke, and judge speed, it doesn't matter if you have a $10 blue light special or the hottest Scotty on the market.

You're definitely right. I wouldn't recommend someone who's just learning golf to buy top of the line anything. However, to someone who has golfed for years, equipment upgrades can improve one's game dramatically.

I think the mental game plays the biggest role in putting. Having confidence and committing to a line/tempo is huge in making putts. Putting with my Scotty Cameron does give me confidence in the feel/line-up of my putts. I also appreciate the fact I could sell my putter for basically the same cost I paid for it.

---"Be the ball"---

You're definitely right. I wouldn't recommend someone who's just learning golf to buy top of the line anything. However, to someone who has golfed for years, equipment upgrades can improve one's game dramatically.

I find it hard to believe that the newest or newer technology will "dramatically" change your game, whether you are a beginner or advanced golfer.

Why does it take a $300 putter to instill confidence in your putting? I am not knocking Scotty Camerons, as I have never even used one. I am just saying, if you can't putt with a walmart special, there is no way in hell that dropping big money on a putter is going to improve your putting game. I know there would be no noticeable difference in my putting game if I switched from my Rossi from 1996 to a brand new Scotty Cameron.

I find it hard to believe that the newest or newer technology will "dramatically" change your game, whether you are a beginner or advanced golfer.

If you suck at putting that bad, you're obviously a beginner and I don't recommend buying one.

I switched from an Odyssey 2-Ball Blade to my Scotty Cameron and I've had a drastic improvement in my putting. My putter wasn't $300. Why do you describe it by its price? Do you describe Taylormade's Tour drivers with their prices? How does this sound instead? Why does it take a quality, American made putter milled from a solid block of 303 stainless steel with proven tour performance to instill confidence in your putting?

---"Be the ball"---

will "dramatically"

....and I said can dramatically improve your game. Not will.

---"Be the ball"---

I know there would be no noticeable difference in my putting game if I switched from my Rossi from 1996 to a brand new Scotty Cameron.

How do you know since you've never tried?

---"Be the ball"---

If you suck at putting that bad, you're obviously a beginner and I don't recommend buying one.

Either way you put it, you still need a good stroke and green reading skills to putt effectively. We could be talking about any putter in that respect.

....and I said

Care to explain how it can make you read the green better and have a better stroke and make you speed judgements for you?

How do you know since you've never tried?

I went from a wood shafted blade halfway through high school to my rossi and it didn't make a bit of difference. A club can't make you a better putter.

I have to agree that putting with a Cameron will NOT make you a better putter, but then again, Yogi's argument that if a Cameron instills confidence in your putting stroke, then yeah, you just might start putting better. i know when i was using a Yes! Callie putter, i had ZERO confidence in my stroke and couldnt gauge distance worth a crap with that thing. but ever since i switched to a SeeMore FGP, ive sunk more 15-25 footers in a few months than i have in my entire life. but, that could happen with a Walmart special too. confidence is huge. and if a Cameron does that fer ya, then so be it.

Ping Karsten series putters.

You can get one custom fit exactly like you want it for under $100.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!