IGNORED

Anyone cancel a Skycaddie plan?

Note: This thread is 5471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just out of curiosity if anyone has done this, even when you just purchased it.

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

I canceled mine a few years ago. They still charged my card for the year, but I called customer service and they reversed the charge. Minor PITA.

I don't know if you can cancel after a few months or so (prorated), when I had mine, the purchase was for an annual plan.

Why are you canceling if you just purchased it?

I canceled mine a few years ago. They still charged my card for the year, but I called customer service and they reversed the charge. Minor PITA.

Let's just say happy trigger finger. I was dead set on keeping the SG5 and then all of the sudden Wham, Bam, thank you Ma'm uPro seems to be the way to go. Of course, I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed with the SG5 but with the features the uPro is currently at, I figured I try something different.

So you canceled early when you bought it? I bought the birdie plan annual cost.

irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

One of the things that confused me about the skycaddie (and like services) is that if you cancel the service plan, does your skycaddie continue to work and do they then take back everything you downloaded onto the unit? If that was the case, its the biggest ripoff ever. You might as well send the unit back to them with a middle finger etched into the screen...
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I called Skycaddie and specifically asked about what happens when you cancel service. They said the courses you have loaded on your unit, stay on your unit, but you would not be able to get updates to those courses or any new courses without service.

If you play, 8 or 10 courses on a regular basis, all you have to do is sign up, download the courses and then cancel your service and your unit it good. They don't advertise this as they want you to be on a service plan.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Well, I'm getting rid of the SG5, or shall I say, I'm returning it in replacement for the uPro. So all these little things of saving the maps is all good if I was keeping the SG5. I should still have the account (basic/free) when I cancel correct? In the event in the future I decide SkyCaddie again, I will probably just download all the course I currently play before sending it back and cancelling.

I called Skycaddie and specifically asked about what happens when you cancel service. They said the courses you have loaded on your unit, stay on your unit, but you would not be able to get updates to those courses or any new courses without service.

I believe this is probably true. Last year my subscription lapsed for about 3 months before I renewed it for my SG3. The courses I had loaded all still worked and the only thing different was a nag screen telling me to renew my subscription when I first turned the unit on. After I got past that it worked normally with the 10 courses I had already loaded on the GPS.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

I believe this is probably true. Last year my subscription lapsed for about 3 months before I renewed it for my SG3. The courses I had loaded all still worked and the only thing different was a nag screen telling me to renew my subscription when I first turned the unit on. After I got past that it worked normally with the 10 courses I had already loaded on the GPS.

I am currently getting this same update message as well. Good to hear that it will still work as I always play the same courses that are loaded on it.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!