IGNORED

In need of some help

Note: This thread is 6525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey everyone, im new on the forum. i am just 15 years old, and have been playing golf for a few years, but not very seriously until the last couple of months. I have an extremly inconsistent swing, more than half the time with my irons, i hit a low draw with not very much distance. But when I hit it good its real high and straight and usually has some spin, but this is not consistent at all! I have a feeling that im not hitting enough down on the ball, but i really have no clue. So any tips for making solid contact more consitenly would be appreciated. If you want to know anything else about my swing that might help you understand my problems just ask. I really like this forum, and I look forward to learning from all of you. Thanks! Brett
In the bag...
Driver: Taylor Made Burner
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler
3-pw: Taylor Made rac OS2
Wedges Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid SlantBall: Pro V1 or NXT

Any tips, drills, or suggestions that may help?
In the bag...
Wedges Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid SlantBall: Pro V1 or NXT

bzotta... If you're hitting a low hook it may be that in an effort to avoid slicing the ball you are de-lofting the club and pointing the toe in. That occurs to me because that was my tendency for a long time.

You would do well to pick up a copy of Hogan's Five Fundamentals and study the whole book like your life depended on it. His swing plane discussion really helped me. The whole book is fantastic and a soft-cover copy is pretty cheap.

The best way to fix your problems would be to get a series of lessons from a PGA professional and trust everything they tell you. Farce's suggestion is a good one too.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a feeling that im not hitting enough down on the ball, but i really have no clue.

Actually, I think your feelings are a pretty good clue, but definitely go with the other advice you've received so far.

A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

Thanks guys! I am hoping to get some lessons real soon. And muskegman, i am definitally going to get that book in the next few days. Thanks again!
In the bag...

Lessons are great. I've taken only 2 lessons and I'm still utilizing what he taught me to improve my swing even months after the last one. Whenever I get into a slump where I'm shanking things I just think back and visualize the positions and movements he suggested and it gets me back on track.

hey muskegman, i had a quick question about that book "Hogans Five Fundametals" I have been looking around for it, and there is one called that but it says the author is David Leadbetter, is this the one?
In the bag...

hey muskegman, i had a quick question about that book "Hogans Five Fundametals" I have been looking around for it, and there is one called that but it says the author is David Leadbetter, is this the one?

Yeah, Hogan's Five Fundamentals isn't written by Leadbetter. Amazon has it

here .

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!