IGNORED

Mizuno Irons

Note: This thread is 5458 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"The process that is used to make the club has no effect whatsoever on how soft the club feels."

The process can have a lot to do with the hardness or softness of steel. You can take the same metal and apply different processes to it and you will have different degrees of hardness. This is done all the time in different manufacturing processes.

If you like the MX-100's you should try the MX-25s. You can get a set for around 450. The have a great feel to them and are forgiving.

I agree, get some Mx-25's for cheap. I love mine and don't plan on getting new Irons any time soon. I've seen then for $200-$450.

The difference in feel is all in your mind. There was a study done recently where they had a bunch of tour pros hit several different irons. Some forged, some cast. Almost all of them set they could tell no difference in feel between the cast and forged irons and would have no problem with playing a cast iron.

This is BS. I went from my old GI cast irons to my irons. The old one's felt sweet but the Mizunos I use feel better. I am comparing pured shots. Mishits the cast felt better but I like the feedback

Brian

The difference in feel is all in your mind. There was a study done recently where they had a bunch of tour pros hit several different irons. Some forged, some cast. Almost all of them set they could tell no difference in feel between the cast and forged irons and would have no problem with playing a cast iron.

Got a link to the study? I'm interested in the read

I love how the mp series looks but im not good enough to hit them so i bought a set of mx19s last year... I may have well as been playing with rocks tied to sticks. They were terrible. If you were in the fair way you were ok but if the grass was longer than 1/2 inch you may has well used your putter.

Isn't confidence all in the mind too? So, if my mind says there is a difference, and likes the difference, then (in my mind) the difference matters.

To my mind, hitting cast clubs (Callaway X-22 for example) was like swinging hammers. Whereas swinging the Mizuno's felt like golf. But that's just in my mind.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

i created a thread here not too long ago about the mp52 series. i picked up golfing a few weeks ago and i bought a set of the mp52s from a friend. i am a total beginner so I wouldn’t know how forgiving these irons are, but with some basic lessons from my friend and some casual practice at the range, the balls were getting a lot straighter and I don’t feel the vibrations on my fingers/palms as much as I used to when I started. Once in awhile, the balls would fly without any effort and the contact feels fantastic.

What was interesting was the fact that my other friend who started golfing a few months before I did gave my 7 iron a try and all his shots were either slicing or ground balls. Maybe I got used to the irons but if I can swing when the mp52, im sure you can as well.

The proccess of casting the metal and forging it changes the properties. Casting will harden the metal, that is why it is used for products and structures that need rigidity. Forging doesn't take the metal to a totally liquid state, reducing the hardening effect. The soft feel is because the energy is absorbed more by the softer metal rather than just sent right through the harder substance.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Note: This thread is 5458 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!