IGNORED

Any tips for this swing...?

Note: This thread is 6537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The front on clip didn't work for me, just the behind swing.

That 6 Iron from down the line looks good. I would say that if all your shots were hit like that your handicap would be much lower than 36. It's not a powerful swing but it will produce straight shots.

I think your swing plane is EXCELLENT on that swing. Your squared up very nicely to the ball with your club as well. Your balance seems good from the view I could see, and your spine angle is consistent throughout the swing which is crucial for good contact.

Honestly with a handicap of 36 and IF that's your stock swing then you should be working on your short game, because hitting like that will give you tons of straight shots.

If I was to say anything that could be improved I would say the following things:

-At address your upper body appeared open to the target line. This can cause a slight fade. The rest of your setup is good. At address you should be able to see an inch or so of your left arm when checking yourself in a mirror from behind the line. In the video your left arm is not visible at address in the video. Another way to check if you are square is to line a shaft up on your shoulders and one on the ground. See if they match direction at address.

-You seemed to hang back with your lower body on the down swing, you didn't drive through the shot. (WARNING!! Be VERY careful making adjustments with that area though because it is a major part of rhythm, and if you drive forward too quickly other problems WILL result.)

-On the backswing your left knee poked out towards the ball which can lead to inconsistency. It didn't in that shot but it's something to watch. I try to keep my left knee in as close to setup position as possible for the backswing. This keeps your lower body more stable and allows for the upper body to torque against your lower body for power. My best swings come when it FEELS like my left knee has barely moved throughout the entire swing. Of course it will move but keep it to a minimum.

You can gain more power by driving more with your lower body but I would really only advise doing that under direct supervision of an instructor. We get drunk on power and lose focus on the scoring. Please don't confuse driving more with sliding. The basis for my comments come from seeing your right foot flat at impact and your body's momentum is what picked up your right foor onto its toe. Powerful swings have the right foot driving weight forward, not going along for the ride.

Bottom line, work on short game and putting. I know it's not fun but you'll get results. I am guilty of not working on my short game enough and my handicap has suffered because of it. Simple as that.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

I agree with Diggity Dog. Your swing is better than mine right now and I consistently break 90.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Note: This thread is 6537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!