IGNORED

I broke 80!!!!

glbrum
Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First time in my short life that it's happened. Finished with a 78 [37-41]!! I've been close before, even shot 80 a few times, and been shooting 81,82 pretty consistently lately, but never before have I gone below 80.

fairways: 7/14 - 50%
greens 9/18 - 50%
putts: 32 [14/18]
up & down: 5/9 - 55%

I had two 3 putts and I missed a birdie [would have been #2 on the day] on 16 by leaving it 1 inch short . That "should" have been 3 more strokes and 3 less putts, but oh well!

I was doing pretty good with my emotions [not thinking about the score] until I got onto the green at 17 and then I 3 putted for double......minus the few slip ups, I'm really happy with the round!

I swear I'm not jealous...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I had two 3 putts

CONGRATS - your post sums up what makes this game so great IMO... you hit a major milestone, and yet you still look at the shots that could have been

I went through the same thing when I broke 90 for the first time, sitting in the clubhouse with some beers my playing partners had bought me, and I'm sitting there looking over my card saying "damn, this should have been an 83!" Same thing when I have a birdie putt that lips out, and I find myself bitching, when in reality, I should be taking any tap in pars that come my way with a huge smile on my face. Cheers again on the milestone, I look forward to trying to get there myself
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

congrats on breaking 80
ive been close as well with about 6 scores of 82 but just cant break it but hopefully like you,soon i will break the milestone.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Congrats, especially on keeping the emotions in check and closing the round out!

-C

ITB:
905R Proforce V2
SS03 Fujikura Tour Platform
MD 21 Irod
MD 25 Fujikura Tour PlatformKZG Forged Blades 5-PW Rifle 5.5 Vokey SM 54/08, 60/04 Rifle Spinner Kombi 35"

Everybody wondering how to break 80 should read this topic and look at his short game stats. That's how you break 80.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

Everybody wondering how to break 80 should read this topic and look at his short game stats. That's how you break 80.

You should know at a +10 handicap.

« Keith »

Congratulations. Thats an awesome score.

I was pumped with my 90 the other day!

Yesterday, I went out and played on the easiest backwoods course I've ever played in my life. Shot 1 under after 10. Almost eagled a 418 yd. par 5. Even though the course was horrible and short, it felt good to do well! Ha. Must be a GREAT feeling to do well on a good course!

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

Congratulations! It feels great to break that milestone and now you will have the confidence to do it again. I broke 80 for the 1st time this January even though I fell apart and shot a quadruple bogey 9 on the 18th. It took me another 4 months to do it again.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

Well done.......Congratulations!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Exactly that's the difference giving yourself chance to putt out for par.When you miss the green chipping or pitching close and nailing the first putt,this is all that stops me from being a mid capper.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Way to go!!! Great feeling and accomplishment. And don't talk about what
"could have been," just smile about what it really was -- you broke 80 and shot 78. When you think of "what could have been" that is a subtle form of pressure. Accept what is, what happens on unlucky breaks, and even when the ball fortunately bounces in unexpectedly. That is what counts.

RC

Cool. I love breaking 80. Many don't understand the huge difference between 80 and 79. To me it's like the grand canyon. Wait till you shoot even par. You'll go crazy!

Congrats.......Now you have to set those sights on breaking 70. Keep up the dedication and it will happen.

FT-5 Tour 9.5 Driver Fujikura E360 X-Stiff
14 Degree Fairway Wood Fujikura Platform
Fusion 21 Degree Hybrid Aldila NV Stiff
X-20 Irons (Uniflex Nippon Shafts)
X Tour Vintage Wedges 54 and 58 Degree Studio Design Stainless Newport 35" Diablo Golf Ball"I must learn there is a difference between...

Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!