IGNORED

Played my first 9 holes ever today :D

Andycapped
Note: This thread is 5442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks for everyone's replies. My father wants to get me on a "big boys course" this weekend to see how I hold up. Hopefully it isn't too depressing :P

Even when I'm struggling as long as I remember to look around, breathe, and remind myself that I'm out on a golf course and there really isn't a place I'd rather be, it makes me happy. My dad doesn't play, but throw in the fact that you're spending quality time with your father and hey, you've got everything you need, regardless of how you play.

Do that and you'll be fine, man.
Don't be too mad at what you shoot. If theres less than 25 cuss words said, its a pretty good round.

Hah! 25 cuss words is a light couple of holes for me. But it's usually directed at myself (inner monologue that often becomes vocalized) and often well deserved after I do something really, really stupid. Or if my putt doesn't break I might call it a sonuva bitch.

What? These seemingly contradictory statements make perfect sense!

It seems sometimes like this is an Iowa website. Yea that par three course is fun. I finally got a chance to play with my golfing friends dad at jester. I beat his dad by one stroke with 1 birdie 5 pars and 3 bogies. I missed one green

Wait until you play the actual course and you have to carry the first shot on 10 250 yards just to get it over the water.

Played the same 9-hole par 3 twice again tonight. +15 the first time around and +8 on my second time around with my first birdie ever :DDD Hole 9 at Jester is property of moi

Playin Otter Creek tomorrow if the weather holds up

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Wedges 56, 60

I'm excited to hear the results ;D

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

Good luck. Hope your wife/gf is understanding. Lol.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Well that was a humbling 130, lol

Had a couple pars, but most of it was just awful, lol. I could not strike the ball whatsoever. I spent the entire day coming over the top of the ball. Oh wellll, it can only get better :D

And my gf is in med school in a different state; so she doesnt mind :P

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW

Hit up Grandview. It will give you a lot of confidence. It's a deceivingly yough course, but something about it makes you feel great, even if you still shoot the same scores.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Im not going outside for a week. Ive never had sunburn like this in my life :\ I honestly should see a doctor lol

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW

Have you played the new Otter Creek, Hawkeye? Supposedly they were just designing 6 new holes, but I guess they went ahead and changed around all the ones they kept, too. My dad thinks it's an entirely new course

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW

Im not going outside for a week. Ive never had sunburn like this in my life :\ I honestly should see a doctor lol

Lol the weather isn't cooperating either.

Have you played the new Otter Creek, Hawkeye? Supposedly they were just designing 6 new holes, but I guess they went ahead and changed around all the ones they kept, too. My dad thinks it's an entirely new course

No, I haven't been to it. Ankeney, right? I'm trying to hit a lot of courses this year, but haven't made a northside swing yet. TCI and Harvester are the 2 I'd really like to play and Blue Top Ridge out in Riverside if I get out that way.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Ya, it's in Ankeny. It's actually a really great looking course. Over half the holes have water hazards (and friendly signs reminding you not to ingest any because it's treated sewage water). The bunkers look well placed, but I only hit one; so they might be underdone. Some holes have some pretty wide fairways and are easy to hit; and some have some pretty thin fairways. The front nine is kind of uphill, but it's fairly gradual for the most part. The back nine is downhill and a few holes drop pretty far. There's a tiny (I think 130 yards) par 3 where the green is like 25-30 yards below the tee. It's really steep. Not a lot of trees. It's pretty open. A few holes at the beginning of the back 9 have some, but that's about it. They're still waiting on some grass to grow, but that's all off the holes, just cosmetic (except when you're new like me and end up there more than the fairway)

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW

Unless you've been taking tons of lessons, and practicing for months, I have a hard time beleiving you played bogey golf your first time ever going to a course. Even if its a 9 hole par 3 course, you HAD to have taken a few mulligans.

If you truly did though then that is amazing, congrats, we'll probably see you on the PGA tour in a few years.

You're welcome to cross the river and play it with me :)

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW

Unless you've been taking tons of lessons, and practicing for months, I have a hard time beleiving you played bogey golf your first time ever going to a course. Even if its a 9 hole par 3 course, you HAD to have taken a few mulligans.

Maybe he's been hitting on the range for 2 years, and practicing, so he could play fine the first time he played on a course.

Instead of antagonizing someone, just say well done. To OP, well done. lol

Yea, I hit my first ball about 2-2.5 months ago and Ive had 5 lessons with PGA A David Gantt. He's a great guy. I had a pretty solid natural working base and he really helped me tweak a few things to get a really really good (for a beginner) swing. Anyone in the Des Moines area should check out David and Lori if they're looking for lessons.

And mind you, my first time on the course was on a small 9-hole par 3. I did not repeat the same performance when I hopped on my first big boy course this last weekend, lol. I did make a couple pars though (one on a par 4)!

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW

Gonna test out that Cobra driver that you have, how do you like it?
In my Bag:
Driver: G10 9°
3 Wood: Burner 15°
Hybrid: HiPPO h7 Tour 21°
Irons: X-22 (3, 5-PW)Wedges: 52° X-forged, 56° SW, 60° Victory Red LWPutter: 2-Ball SRTBall: Pro V1/V1x

Gonna test out that Cobra driver that you have, how do you like it?

It's pretty sweet. It's not a slice fixer, but it really really performs when you're hitting well. I think its sound is unique. The best part, for me, is how incredibly comfortable you feel when sitting at address with it. I was using an old PING before and I felt quite uncomfortable at times, which always screwed up my swing. With the S9-1, I could do a 360 jump in the air, land and place the clubhead behind the ball and still feel comfortable with my position (and we'll throw in a backflip for good measure).

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW

Note: This thread is 5442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!