IGNORED

So Frustrated

leftcoastsrt04
Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been slicing the ball like nobody's business for a looong time. I have tried tips from other people and tips from magazines with zero luck. Tonight I tried altering my swing and I think I figured it out. I have been swinging the club too far behind me (kinda like a baseball swing). Tonight I brought my club back higher and bam! The line in the grass is straighter. (Swinging in my front yard) With the other swing I noticed that the line in the grass is more diagonal.

The bad part is it is going to be almost two weeks before I can get to the range to try it out. So for the next two weeks all I can do is wonder....

Hope my explanation makes sense.

Driver: R9 460
3 Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 3D
Hybrid: Rapture 24
Irons: X-22's 4-AW
Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

It makes sense, sounds like you had a pretty good out to in swing which causes the slice and also shows you in the form of that diagonal divot.

Disclaimer: The advice I give helps/has helped me, it is not professional, take it for what you will...

When I notice myself slicing and noticing those diagonal divots I take 3/4 or even 1/2 swings and try to focus on clearing my hips. Really making sure I'm not rocking straight back, which forces me to bring my hands around my hips causing the out to in swing.
In My Bag (upgrading soon hopefully)

Driver: TiSI 10°
Irons: ISI Black Dot 3-PW (minus lost 5i)
Putter G5i Piper JMAX Milled Wedge 52°Ball: Whatever I Can Find

Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!