IGNORED

Matched Wedges: does the series matter?

ramrockgolfer35
Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have all cleveland TA wedges as you can see in my signature, but my Sand wedge is a 588 while the other two are 900. The differences seem to be that the 588 is bigger and has a larger sole, while the 900's are a little smaller and have a bevel on the backside of the sole(I assume this is a reduction in bounce). Does it matter or do I need to match the 900s with a 56*?

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

983k 10.5* driver, Reg flex graphite 904f 15* fairway wood, Reg flex Graphite Cobra SSI Irons 3-PWTA900 52* wedgeTA588 56* wedgeSeemore FGP2 custom putter w/ a Winn urban camo gripGolf Pride Tour Wrap gripsHome Courses:Horseshoe Bay: Ramrock, ...

Do you have a problem hitting one or the other? If so, theres your answer.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

[QUOTE=ramrockgolfer35;308033 Does it matter or do I need to match the 900s with a 56*?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it matters. Use what works best for you.

Except for my irons, I don't have two clubs that even look alike in my bag and it took me a while to get to that point.

Although all my wedges are Vokeys, I have an oil can finish, a raw and a chrome. One is a spin milled, one has a custom grind, one has been bent..

I dont think so, I use TM rac 52 and 60 and a cleavland 56. they are very simular anyways. but unless they are vastly diffrent I wouldnt think it matters.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

That's what I thought. Maybe it's just me being stupid. I have always liked things to match, but I seriously love the odd duck 588.

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

983k 10.5* driver, Reg flex graphite 904f 15* fairway wood, Reg flex Graphite Cobra SSI Irons 3-PWTA900 52* wedgeTA588 56* wedgeSeemore FGP2 custom putter w/ a Winn urban camo gripGolf Pride Tour Wrap gripsHome Courses:Horseshoe Bay: Ramrock, ...

What are these matching wedges that you speak of? The concept is foreign to me. On any given day there's 3 wedges in my bag and none of them are even the same manufacturer. Play what works for you. When you're over the ball, you can't read the name on the back.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!