IGNORED

Player Hits Water, Gets Birdie

TheNatural
Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wait, the player hit the water not the ball?

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

I have skipped balls over water hazards before, but never for birdie

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

In high school, we played a course with a 230-yard (+/-) par 3. I caught a 3-iron kinda fat and the ball was headed for the water on the far size of the hazard. The ball hit about 10 yards from the edge of the hazard and careened off a storm sewer/drainage grate up on the green. I one-putted for birdie. I've seen one other person hit that storm sewer/drainage grate but the ball bounced back into the hazard.
Driver: Cleveland Hi-Bore Tour 9.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Red-Stiff
Fairway: Cleveland Hi-Bore 15°, Grafalloy ProLaunch Red-Stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Dual TP 3H, Diamana Blue Board-Stiff
Irons: MacGregor MT 3-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Stiff
Wedges: MacGregor MT Pro 52-6° & 58-10°Putter:...

Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!