IGNORED

How many days to practice?

nophace
Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If i had 4 days during a week how many days should i practice and how many days should i play? Should i be working on specifically putting or chipping one day and long game another? suggestions?
thanks ian

Driver: Taylor Made Burner 08 10.5
3 Wood: Taylor Made Burner
Irons: Nike Ignite 3 hybrid-pw
Wedge: Titleist Vokey 52 (need cheap 56)
Putter: Maxfli Tad Moore (need new)Ball: ?

Practice chipping and putting everyday for at least an hour for 3 days, then play nine. Or vise versa. Practice the full swing one day a week. Play a full 18 on saturday or sunday. Thats actually pretty close to what my weekly golf schedule is now.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I generally practice short game on my hour lunch break any day that it's not raining. After work I swing by another course on the way home and grab a small bucket of balls and then some more short game practice. Generally this is 4-5 days a week unless raining. Typically play a full 18 one day one the weekend.

Short game ever time I do any practice, most important part. I chip at least 3 days in the yard every week. Try to hit the range twice a week and chip and putt there. I putt an additional night a week as the only thing I do. If I get to play it's on the weekend. If I don't I can at least hit the range

This is how I've gone down the past few weeks

Monday - Range (medium bucket short irons) chipping and putting
Tuesday - Chipping (front yard working on distance control)
Wednesday - Putting only at course mile from the house
thursday - Lesson - Longer irons, chipping, putting
Friday - drink
Saturday - Range or Play
Sunday - who knows

I do some form of practice almost on a daily basis. I chip balls when Im bored at work, or putt. I keep a SW and a putter in my office.

I usually go to the range 3 times a week, and usually play 9 2-3 times a week. I chip balls in my yard alot, working on diffrent set ups, wrist actions, open/close face chips.

This is on top of my 4 days a week work outs, which I consider training/practice because I always do a couple golf related lifting to strengthen my swing or flexibility.

You might wonder why my handicap is so high compared to the level of training I do. I wonder the same thing, my goal is to play local amature tournys in the next year. But to do that I need to drop my handicap a lot. I need to find a good cheap swing coach :) But I have never had a lesson.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Man I wish I could play that much. When my boy gets older I am going to join a club and hopefully he loves golf then we will practice/play 9 4-5 days a week then play every Sat/sun.

Right now, I practice 1-2 times a week just short game on a good week.

Play in my league for 9, then I try to play 18 on the weekends.

If I belonged to the club I live next too, I would play 9 3 days a week, putt/chip 2 days. Play 18 at least one day.

Brian

Last summer, I played 5 times per week and went to the range/chipping green just one day a week. I saw an improvement in my game, but my ballstriking is not what it should be.

Now this summer, I'm going to the range five times per week, and playing once, at most twice a week.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I try to make it to the practice green 3 or 4 times a week. For a half hour at a time.
I play once a week, sometimes twice.

Thats it.

Practice chipping and putting everyday for at least an hour for 3 days, then play nine.

You mean practice short game for an hour, then play 9 3 days a week. Or do you mean practice short game 3 days a week, then play 9 on one day?

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

Man I wish I could play that much. When my boy gets older I am going to join a club and hopefully he loves golf then we will practice/play 9 4-5 days a week then play every Sat/sun.

My son is 7 and hes love to go to the range and chip/putt so its our time away from everything. its a better excuse to the woman, than just going by my self.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I play 18 holes 3-5 times per week. I never plan on making a living playing golf so i figure why spend all the time practicing when actually playing is so much more fun. I feel i improve more by going out and actually hitting the shots compared to hackin away on the range. As long as i can shoot in the 30's and 40's i will continue this.

Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!