IGNORED

Had a good round today.....considering!

Note: This thread is 5570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I usually shoot in the low to mid 90's and shot a 93 today. This was my first time using new Adams Tech OS irons and a new ball, the Maxfli Blackmax.

I mishit a few iron shots and had a big learning curve of the distance of the irons compared to the old Callaway Hawkeye VFT's with reg flex graphite shafts. The new Adams irons are stiff graphite and feel absolutely wonderful! They are lite and I feel zero flex in the shafts. I bought the Callaways used on Craigslist and always felt the flex in the shafts and it always was in the back of my mind because I had to slow down my swing so much. It's going to take a few rounds to get used to the difference in the shafts and I am very enthused about hitting an iron that can keep up with my swing speed.

The other big thing that happened today was I started using a good ball. I used to think, " how much of a difference can a ball make?" and for the last 5 years used cheapo TI Tech balls for $14 per 36 from walmart or whatever else they had that was cheap. I read some reviews and switched to the Maxfli Blackmax and I am in love! I don't know if it hit any longer and I don't care. What I do know is that I could stop the ball on the green! I did not have a single approach shot hit and run over the green. I was actually able to get enough backspin to stop the ball.

My longest approach was 170 yards and the ball hit and only moved foward about 4 feet. Short approaches, I could land and stop dead or pull back a foot. With the rocks I used to play with, on the same shots today, they would have hit and run to the back edge of the green or over the back edge.

I made a few of my usual mistakes today, like flubbing a couple chips and spraying one of the par 3 tee shots into a ditch but I am very happy overall and can see some light at the end of this tunnel.

My big thing is still putting. I switched to a heavy square shaped putter and now I'm 3 putting most holes or it seems like I am. I am switching back to my other putter before next round.

I never thought I would be excited about a 93 but I learned a lot today!

Odyssey white Hot 2 ball cut down to 29"

Cobra ZL 9.5 driver
Adams Speedline 3W 13*
TourEdge Bazooka 20* hybrid
Powerbilt forged combo 3-PW
Ping Tour S 52 and 56 wedges

It takes time to adjust to a new putter so don't just give up on it. However you also need to feel confident with your equipment so if you just don't like the looks/feel I wouldn't bother with it.

In my offbrand bag....

2009 Burner Driver
2007 Burner 3-wood
2009 Burner Rescue 4-Hybrid X-20 Irons 4-PW X-forged gap wedge 52.12* CG14 Black Pearl 56.14* and 60.14* wedges White Hot Dual Rossie Putter e6+ balls

I switched to that putter about 25 rounds ago and it has been downhill ever since. My putting was pretty good before and only switched for the heck of it. I should have stayed with what worked.

It takes time to adjust to a new putter so don't just give up on it. However you also need to feel confident with your equipment so if you just don't like the looks/feel I wouldn't bother with it.

Cobra ZL 9.5 driver
Adams Speedline 3W 13*

I switched to that putter about 25 rounds ago and it has been downhill ever since. My putting was pretty good before and only switched for the heck of it. I should have stayed with what worked.

Get a new putter. I lost my original cheap putter and decided to get a Odyssey White Hot Tour, couldn't putt for crap with it due to it being so heavy. Went onto a Odyssey Sabertooth which worked well for awhile until I realized I wasn't lag putting well with it. Now I am gaming a Ping Anser 2 which is alright. Still in search of THE PUTTER. If you have 25 rounds on it and it still hasn't come around then I would venture to say move on.

« Keith »

I put my old putter in my bag and shot my best round yet. I had 5 single putts and 13 2 putts. No 3 putts today! I shot an 89...42 front and 47 back.

I didn't miss a single putt inside 6 feet. I did miss 3 birdie putts from 8-15 feet

Cobra ZL 9.5 driver
Adams Speedline 3W 13*

Note: This thread is 5570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!