IGNORED

Can I Blame My Ball?

Note: This thread is 5421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played a round today and seems like my putting is getting worse. Of course, I was trying to figure out if it was me, putter, or whatever else. Can I blame my golf ball for bad putting? I've been using Wilson Staff 50/50 golf balls and they are very soft and I am not getting much feedback especially with the putter. Anyone ever attribute their bad putting to the ball? I feel like I've been coming up short or way long on putts.

« Keith »

I have been practicing putting with 50/50 and Px3's and they seem really hard off the face of my putter. I now practice with a NXT Tour and it feels much much smoother and buttery. I think Wilson balls are just hard off the puttter. But don't quote me on that haha, it's just a personal feel.

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

Really? It feels soft for me compared to the DT Solo's that I was playing with prior to these 50/50's.

Well the DT is harder than the NXT Tour I believe. (The NXT Tour is alot different than the rest of the NXT's) The NXT Tour is like Pro V1's little brother. But again I think its a personal feeling I get when I putt the NXT Tour.

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

99% of the time its the indian and not the arrow.

if distance control is your problem how do you judge distance with your putts?

try this to help with distance control:

a) keep the same tempo on all your putts
b) control distance with the length of your back stroke and try to keep the same length for the forward stroke.
c) practice lag putting with putts of 30 feet and putt 20 putts until you can consistently putt most of the putts within a 3 foot circle
d) vary the distance from 5, 10, 15, 20 etc.
e) you will feel confidence once you control your distance
f) distance is more important than your the line in putting
g) keep stats in the number of putts per round and focus on eliminating 3 putts
h) your chipping around the green goes hand in hand with putting, if you up and down is strong you will have more tap in one putts.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Weird-I noticed the same thing. My putting got a lot better once I worked through the dozen 50/50's I had.

Could have been all the putting practice during that time, too. It did feel a little harder off the putter than the other balls I played during that time (E6+), but I didn't think it was anything I needed to worry about.

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

I find the 505/50s, Zips, and PX3s soft off the putter face and prefer it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Okay, like most of the time yet again it was the damn indian... Today, I concentrated on using the big muscles instead of overthinking the distance and line. Had 14 putts in 9 holes and 1 for birdie. Wish I putted this well yesterday where I was striking the ball well. Today, short game was there but the ball striking disappeared. That's golf for you!

In short, USE THE BIG MUSCLES FOR PUTTING and don't you forget that like me.

« Keith »

Note: This thread is 5421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!