IGNORED

Walter Hagen T3 Club Set review!

Note: This thread is 3710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I feel the same way about my Acuity set that I got at Dick's. It may not be the best thing ever but it allows me to go play every week. The only thing I didn't like about the set is the crappy bag and the putter. Putter's are to personal to the individual to have a one size fits all type.

I really liked the Acuity wedges, I realized after the fact I didn't need to replace mine. I gave my brother the 52* GW and he prefers it (and puts in his bag) over Vokeys, Callaways, etc.

• 1 month later...
Hello all! I just bought my first set of clubs. The Walter Hagen T3 set from Dick's, which is being discussed here. I am an amateur golfer at best. My experience is a few trips to the driving range, and some putt putt haha. So I am looking forward to learning what ever I can from you guys and understanding how everything works! My first input is that I noticed a drastic change in my driving distance. The other day I used a crappy house driver at the local driving range, I was driving the ball well beyond 250 yards, I would assume around the 350 mark. Today I took the T3's out for the first time and was lucky to hit 225. I am curious as to why that is. Maybe that driver I was using wasn't just a crappy house driver? lol

Hello all! I just bought my first set of clubs. The Walter Hagen T3 set from Dick's, which is being discussed here. I am an amateur golfer at best. My experience is a few trips to the driving range, and some putt putt haha. So I am looking forward to learning what ever I can from you guys and understanding how everything works! My first input is that I noticed a drastic change in my driving distance. The other day I used a crappy house driver at the local driving range, I was driving the ball well beyond 250 yards, I would assume around the 350 mark. Today I took the T3's out for the first time and was lucky to hit 225. I am curious as to why that is. Maybe that driver I was using wasn't just a crappy house driver? lol

You've never hit the ball well beyond 250 yards.

Im not saying you dont hit the ball far but for an amatuer to hit it 350 is a little hard to achieve. I think the markings might be a little off. Im pretty sure a good amount of LONG drive competitors would love to hit it 350 consistently. I hope you dont take this the wrong way but if your hitting it 350 you need to enter either some long drive contests or work on your short game and get on the PGA tour lol.

then the markings at the range were incorrect? because I was driving the ball west past the 250 yardmarker, just shy of the tree line. I will take a few pictures and post them.

You have a few trips to the driving range, and you just estimated your drives at 350 yds...

Like I said, there are yard markers. the farthest one was 250 yards. I was driving the ball past that 250 marker with ease. I did not join these forums to attempt to "brag" or whatever, it was simply an observation of a difference between the club I used a few days ago, compared to the new set I bought yesterday. I am completely new to this and I am trying to learn a bit here and there from people who are more educated on the sport of Golf. I have no reason to lie about anything. If I had the extra money I would purchase one of those range finders or what ever they are called and measure the distance of the ball I hit, as well as the yard markers to see if they are correct. Yard markers aside, I could visually tell that I was not driving the ball as far today. I will take the new driver to the other driving range this week and see what happens.

Attention Moderators, if you would move these last few responses to another thread, I did not mean to thread jack this gentleman.

I must admit when I first started golfing I thought I was hitting the ball over 300 but my rangefinder quickly put me in my place LOL. In fact I was about 40-50 yards off of 300! I hope my post doesnt discourage you from posting in these forums. There is a lot to learn from here and I hope you take advantage of the knowledge of the golfers here. I think the reason people are doubting the 350 is because 1. You were at a driving range that probably uses "dead" balls 2. You were using an old crappy house driver that Bubba Watson would have trouble hitting 300 with 3. A pro struggles hitting 350 so for an amateur to do it would be pretty tough. I certainly dont think your "lying" but perhaps a little misinformed.

I will say this though...if you are hitting it 350 I'd love to play in a best ball tourney with you!

Of course not! I am here to learn.. Part of the learning process is constructive criticism. I very well could be completely wrong. I need to do a bit more research at the range to accurately gauge my distance.

I must say though, with the Hagen driver, it honestly felt like I was whacking a hard rock, as opposed to the other driving range and that club!

Keep in mind the balls may be very different from one range to the next, thus the different distance/feel from your two experiences. Also the wind if there was some can have very pronounced effect on distance along with ground conditions etc. When I go to the range I ignore the distance markers and simply try to practice my setup and to correct ball flight issues I might be having at the time. If you need to find your club distances find an empty field and use your own golf balls and find your true average distance.
ogio.gifedge bag
titleist.gifdriver 10.5* 907D1, 15* 906f2, 18* 906f2
wilson_staff.gif21* hybrid, 3-PW PI7, TW9 wedges
wilson_staff.gif: 8802, 8813, or Arnold Palmer Original
wilson_staff.gifX1 or 50

• 2 years later...

These are great clubs and  i am a lefty cause my dad got me the wrong sided clubs and told me  id  be fine and they are to short for me even that though those issues are there it was great for me starting out and getting to learn the game  of golf  now  i finally have the right  length an sided  clubs

The biggest problem I run into is because of my swing speed it's very hard to find a lower priced set of clubs. Buying from a store it's rare to find any set that is in stock with a stiff flex. I actually got a great set of irons for 300 this weekend for fathers day, burner plus. I actually was looking for something less expensive but nothing else was offered in the flex I need. All these companies putting out the "optiflex" or "uniflex" have really ruined my choices. End the end it worked out pretty well for me as the new irons hit so long that I didn't need the extra hybrids/fw that came with the full set. I already had a putter, driver, and bag I like so everything outside of the irons in the set would have been superfluous anyway.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's not a fair statement. I hit the ball well beyond 250 regularly. My ex-brother-in-law *weird word there* was able to hit 300 yd drives very consistently but had a horrendous short game. Unless you've seen this guy hit the ball you have no idea if he really did or didn't hit the ball passed 250. Now I will say he probably is misjudging when saying 350 and most likely the range signs are off as they are on many driving ranges.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 8 months later...

I just bought a really nice callaway set of irons I hit them twice so far the callaway driver not so good I think because the shaft is stiff.

A friend of mine gave me the walter hagen with the t3 shat 10.5 degree I guess it is flexible shaft wow I am hitting that club great is it the shaft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a big guy and I don't have a full back swing my range is 240 to 280 what a club consistant also.

I just bought a newer set of callaways my driver was not working , I hit the hagen T3 10.5 degree unreal it's a flixible shaft wow I hit it unreal.

Was the stiff shaft hurting my game I am  a big guy 6' 2" 280 i do not go all the way back with my backswing maybe half way or 3/4 so my speed may not be ther is this the best shaft for me I don't think I have ever hit one wow it is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your input.

Note: This thread is 3710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!