IGNORED

broke my driver today

clearwaterms
Note: This thread is 5417 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

wasn't having a particularrly good round, but after slicing a drive off into the woods, I went back behind the tee box and took a few practice swings, well the last swing (it was the last because of what happened) the head went flying into the 8th holes fairway.

I have had the club for several years, and have hit the ground with it during the swing, and after in the past. It doesnt' suprise me that it broke.

I was already shopping for a new driver, but was hoping to get through the next series of lessons before I purchased anything.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Sometimes it's just time for it to go. I snapped mine at the range once, hit a pretty nice shot and looked over and the head was laying in the next stall.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Sometimes it's just time for it to go. I snapped mine at the range once, hit a pretty nice shot and looked over and the head was laying in the next stall.

I would have been mad if I could have hit the club straight.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

I would have been mad if I could have hit the club straight.

In the Bag:
Driver: R5 Draw
Fairway: Diamond Tour Turner Ablaze 3 Wood
Hybrid: R5 3 hybrid Currently for sale.
Irons: Diamond Tour Turner Ablaze Plus 3-SWPutter: Revolution Solid

what brand?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

what brand?

pinemeadow golf (custom club maker)

Im trying to remember when i purchased that golf club, its everybit of 6 years old, its probably even older. It's a pear shaped 360cc driver.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

wasn't having a particularrly good round, but after slicing a drive off into the woods, I went back behind the tee box and took a few practice swings, well the last swing (it was the last because of what happened) the head went flying into the 8th holes fairway.

Well at least you landed in a fairway.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Well at least you landed in a fairway.

haha - its probably the rare time it was in the fairway.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

One of the most comical things I've seen was a friend of mine who bought a Walk-Mart driver. We sent straight to the range and hit takes a swing. The had comes flying off at impact and goes further than the ball. I about died laughing.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

so the honest question is. I want to buy a new driver, but I am taking a few lessons starting next week and expect my swing to change (have a BAD slice with the driver) so I am afraid I will buy a driver with the wrong specs.

Anybody have any ideas what I should do?

If it helps here are a list of drivers I am considering

Cleveland Hibore XLS
Nike Sumo2 5900
Callaway FTi
Adams Insight XTD A3 or A3OS

I want high MOI, easy to hit straight driver. I have hit the hibore and Sumo2. I have not found an FTi in left handed to test out. I have hit the FTiQ and fell in love. I am open to additional suggestions as well.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

I'd say FTi or HiBore. I'm sure they feel different to you, but to me the nike just feels bad, and the Adams was kind of dead. Take a look at the '08 speedline OS as well. The FTi is a good mix between a super straight square driver and a good players club. You can do a lot of growing with it. The HiBore also felt really solid to me.

5 Wood
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I'd say FTi or HiBore. I'm sure they feel different to you, but to me the nike just feels bad, and the Adams was kind of dead. Take a look at the '08 speedline OS as well. The FTi is a good mix between a super straight square driver and a good players club. You can do a lot of growing with it. The HiBore also felt really solid to me.

I went back to the golf store yesterday and did some testing. The two clubs I liked the best was the Nike Sumo 5900 and the Hibore XLS. I would have picked up the hibore, except they only had a tour version available in left handed. I hit the tour version well, but thinking I am already fighting a slice, I would be better suited to a non tour version.

I am probably going to pick up a Hibore this week. I was looking on ebay and see the Monster XLS is selling used for around $160, any reason not to get that instead? The MOI is higher and the face is supposed to be bigger.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

If you can find the Monster in good condition for the same price, go for it. If it is the right loft/flex/bias.

5 Wood
52*

If you can find the Monster in good condition for the same price, go for it. If it is the right loft/flex/bias.

Being left handed, the only two bias available are tour and regular. So Regular is the one for me. I am going to get regular flex in 10.5 degrees.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

Note: This thread is 5417 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!