IGNORED

Golf GPS units? Suggestions?

Note: This thread is 5163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did the free trial of Golflogics for my iPhone awhile back and was not impressed. Thing froze on me at about the 10th or 11th hole and I compared it with a friend in my group who had another gps and it was off by about 10 yards. That, added with how it drains the phone battery was enough for me to scrap the app (ha, that rhymed). I look at my phone enough anyway, when I'm on the course thats the last thing I want to be dealing with, plus it drains the battery like no other. Seperate device for me for sure, now to find a good deal!

I completely understand what this dude is saying. I have also been looking for a GPS app for my iphone. I was playing with my pop and his buddy at TPC Eagle Trace and there is absolutely no yardages anywhere (which shoked me) The other dude had the golf logix gps and he swore by it so i bought it the next day. I have been very happy with it. I agree that it drains the f*ck out of the battery but there is an "accessory" kit that you can buy that has a built in power adapter and a mount to put it on your cart. After purchasing that (about $100 for the extra battery, clamp and 1 year membership to the golflogix) it has helped TREMENDOUSLY. The yardages are DEAD on. I was playing my home course the other day (Fairmont Turnberry Isle) and the carts have GPS. The cart said 119, the sprinkler head next to me said 122 and my iphone said 120. Thats pretty accurate if you ask me. Personally, i would highly recceommend the golflogix GPS for iphone.. Best $100 i've spent in a while

I've been looking into buying a GPS unit for a couple of months and decided to try the Golfshot GPS app for iPhone first (just to see whether or not I would use a GPS rangefinder in practice) - well, it blew me away. The yardages were bang on the money when compared to course markers/yardage books and in addition to the "carry" distances of hazards etc., you can pick a point on the hole map and it will tell you distance to that point, and from that point to the green. You can track all of your Fairways Hit/GIR etc. stats within the app as you enter your score on each hole - and you get an automated email report of your round/stats when you're finished!

The battery life thing didn't seem to be too much of a problem as this particular app has a feature which locks/dims the screen (but keeps the GPS running) and I had about 30% battery remaining after my round. It only cost £15 here in the UK, and frankly, unless I find £300 on the street tomorrow, I see no reason to "upgrade" to a dedicated unit any time soon! Props to Shotzoom who make this thing; it's great and actually got me analysing/thinking about my shots rather than just looking for the nearest course marker and guessing yardages.

Motocaddy S3
MX700 10.5° Driver; Aldila VS Proto 65R
MX700 5W; Aldila VS Proto 85R
MX700 20°, 23°; Exsar HS4R
MX300 5-PW; FST KBS Tour R MP-T 51°, 56°, 60°; Dynalite XP Gold S300Bettinardi BlackCarbon BC1Bridgestone e6+ balls

Note: This thread is 5163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!