IGNORED

My Swing...Tell me what you think.

Note: This thread is 6485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Started playing Golf this year, and I really am loving it! Over the last few months I'm got my score down to the mid to high 80s. Anyways if you could, critique my swing and let me know where my faults are.

My Average Drive is around 270-290 with a very slight fade. Every once in a while I will push a drive (maybe once every 10-15 drives), and I haven't quite figured out what is causing me to do that.

Thanks for your help!

http://www.mytempdir.com/824045
In the Bag:
Drivers:: Ben Hogan C-S3 (10.5* Neutral), Callaway Steelhead III (8.5*)
Hybrids: Precept ECU 30*, Precept ECU 25*, Dulop LoCo Utility 17*
Irons: Adams Golf Idea A1 Pro
Wedges: Adams Tom Watson (Lob and Sand)Putter: Adams Golf GT Spec 03 PutterBalls: Callaway HX Red & Precept MC Lady

Any takers?

In the Bag:
Wedges: Adams Tom Watson (Lob and Sand)Putter: Adams Golf GT Spec 03 PutterBalls: Callaway HX Red & Precept MC Lady

Started playing Golf this year, and I really am loving it! Over the last few months I'm got my score down to the mid to high 80s. Anyways if you could, critique my swing and let me know where my faults are.

I'm not so good with the swing critique thing, so I'm not gonna be much help.

Just want to know though, did you get to meet Roy "Tin Cup" McAvoy when you taped this at his driving range?

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

I'm not so good with the swing critique thing, so I'm not gonna be much help.

ragontona,

One of my good friends owns that driving range (Lone Star Driving Range). It may not look like much, but for $8 you get 150 new golf balls that are always clean and have all their dimples. Few other public ranges can deliver that. Green grass in the 100 degree Texas heat is very difficult an expensive to produce. I spent many a day hitting balls up there, and have enjoyed every second of it. Sanjuro82, You should look into taking a couple of lessons from Jim Batenge. He's an excellent pro, and you'll provide him with quite a good platform to work with. The big thing I quickly noticed: Too much knee flex at address. Stand a little closer to the ball, straighten out your knees, and bend a little more at the waist. Grip looks a hair strong with the right hand. But that might be your thumb laying down the shaft. Get it a little more "over" the grip, so it's touching the tip of your index finger. I really like your leg drive, you get through the ball very well. That's something that's tough to teach. Jim will be able to work wonders with you, for a very reasonable price. Next time I'm in College Station, I'll have to drop you a message, we'll have to to tee it up. Provided you're not too busy with school or at the Chicken!

ragontona,

Just enjoy the occasional Tin Cup reference whenever I see the burnt out ranges. Lord knows we've got some of those here in Virginia too. The one I hit that's closest to me is five bucks for about forty scuffed, dirty, dimple-less balls...so now I'm jealous.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

ragontona,

Excellent response! I have infact felt that I have been standing a bit too far from the ball at address. I'll have to try moving a bit closer. I'll try straitening out my knees as well. Once again thanks for the wonderful suggestions. I'll let you know how they are working out! Oh and I have met Jim on a couple occasions. Very friendly and helpful. He actually gave me some really great pointers months back when I first started going to the range.
In the Bag:

Note: This thread is 6485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!