IGNORED

Finding a new ball to settle on??

Note: This thread is 5390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My current favs are as follows:

1) Pro V1x
2) Callaway Tour ix (v close to #1)
3) Pro V1
4) TM Black (v good ball)

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Do you guys play courses where there is water on pretty much every hole though?? Its tough for me to play Pro v1 when there is water and tight fairways on EVERY hole at my new course....

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Let's just say I was less than thrilled when I lost no fewer than 2 Tour ix and a Pro V1x on a recent round, adding $12 to the greens fees. I was snap hooking my drives and didn't have any cheap balls. I now carry shag balls for if and when things blow up on the course. Those balls include scuffed Pro V1s, a couple Professionals, and other softer found balls like Nike and Bridgestone.

I did find 2 pro v1s on the course to help offset that cost and two of them were the 2009 model, which means they couldn't have been sitting there that long.

I also don't golf a lot anymore so that means a dozen balls usually lasts me a season here in Michigan. I golf maybe once a week, if that.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

I went to Dick's and my local pro shop yesterday to buy the TF Gamer but both stores were sold out.

I've been playing the Callaway Tour ix balls and they get the job done.

in case you are still looking sports authority is still selling the Taylor Made TP Red or Black LDP balls 2 boxes for $55, normal price for one is $39.99 there at least thats what the price tag said when i went last night. i believe that offer ends on the 29th of August.

good luck!

In my Bag:
Burner 460 Driver 10.5deg stiff
Burner #3 Fairway Wood 15 deg stiff
MP-68 Irons with Project X 5.5 Shafts & Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound Grips
Spin Milled 52.08, 56.11, 60.07 Wedges White Hot XG 2-Ball SRT Putter

I used to play nothing but NXT Tours. I took a sleeve of Srixon Trispeed's, 3 piece ball, $25 a dozen, out for a round, and loved them. Decided to venture into their line of golf balls and found myself finding a new favorite in a 2 piece ball from them called the AD333. They're phasing it out now to come out with an updated version so you can get 2 dozen for $25. Great bargain. Give Srixon a shot!

I used to play nothing but NXT Tours. I took a sleeve of Srixon Trispeed's, 3 piece ball, $25 a dozen, out for a round, and loved them. Decided to venture into their line of golf balls and found myself finding a new favorite in a 2 piece ball from them called the AD333. They're phasing it out now to come out with an updated version so you can get 2 dozen for $25. Great bargain. Give Srixon a shot!

I agree - I like Srixon a lot. I've tried both the AD333 and the Soft Feel (I have a sleeve of Trispeed that I hope to try out this weekend).

I liked both, and after I'm done "experimenting" with different balls, the Soft Feel may be my ball of choice - it's at the top of the list at the moment.

In my X-Series Bag:

Driver G10 10.5*
Woods V-Steel 3W, 5W
Hybrids Pinemeadow ZR1 19* 3HIrons MX-19 4-GWWedge MP-R Black Nickel 54/10Putter Rossa Sebring AGSI+

I read through the replies and was surprised to see nobody yet mention the Nike One Tour's. I used to play Pro1x's and switched to the NXT tours to save some money. I liked them off the tee, but wanted more spin and feel from my irons and just gave the nike one tours a try, they were buy one get one at the golf place. Man I love them, feels great off the tee better than prov1's imo and good feel and decent spin with the short irons.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

My advice in ball shopping for you is to start from the green and work your way to the tee. Buy a sleeve of every ball you want to try out and putt with it (narrow them down) then chip/pitch/bump and run (narrow them down) then 30-50 yard shots (narrow them down) and so forth. Keep in mind that a couple of yards off the tee don't justify not being able to have the ball work in your favor when it really counts. That is my opinion on finding a ball that suits your game.

In my all black Four 5:
909 D2 9.5 Harrison Saga 60 X
909 F2 13.5 Harrison Saga 70 X
909 H 19 Stock VooDoo S
AP2 710 3-PW Project X 6.5 Spin Milled C-C 54 & 58 California Del Mar Penta SYNR-G 1600 TEHomecourse(s): Crandon GC 76.2/145/7301

My advice in ball shopping for you is to start from the green and work your way to the tee. Buy a sleeve of every ball you want to try out and putt with it (narrow them down) then chip/pitch/bump and run (narrow them down) then 30-50 yard shots (narrow them down) and so forth. Keep in mind that a couple of yards off the tee don't justify not being able to have the ball work in your favor when it really counts. That is my opinion on finding a ball that suits your game.

^^^ This makes sense, lol.

I wish I just had the money to try this, I just use any ball I can find.

Driver Cleveland HiBORE XLS 9.5°

Hybrid 3I Adams A7

Irons 3-PW Wilson Air Power

Wedges Cleveland CG10 52° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 56° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 60° Gunmetal

Putter Cleveland Classic #3

Best Score 80 (+8) - July 22, 2011 @ Highland Woods Golf Course (Blue Tees - 71.7/122)

Note: This thread is 5390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!