IGNORED

Finding a new ball to settle on??

Note: This thread is 5368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to finally settle on one ball. Tried the e5+ and I dont know, I just dont really like it..... but I absolutely love the spin, I can be really aggressive from 100 and in... Just wasnt too happy with distance, trajectory seemed really high.

Ive heard the d2 feel is a pretty good ball, as well as the NXT tour...

Does the NXT tour have a nice spin or do I have to be less aggressive when going at pins?

How bout the Pro V1/V1x balls? Are they like way out of my league?? I can get those used for like 20 a dozen...

Thanks!

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I used to play the Pro V1's, switched to the Bridgestone 330's and am now hitting the Taylormade TP Red's. I really like the feel of the reds and at 2 dozen for $55 they are more affordable than the Pro Vs and 330s...

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

I really love the Prov1 and the B330S....but then again, I also liked the E5+.

I've been shopping around for the Prov1 practice balls. Our course sells them for great prices. I've never been happier with a ball's performance than with these gems.

They check up really well on all irons because they ride the grooves so nicely. They also respond well to working when you do your part.

Lately I've been able to hit much more reliable shots from when I've short sided myself. Before, I'd just use LW and try to flop it close. Now I've been able to use PW and keep it lower (hot pitch) and send it in with authority and it will zip to a stop if I strike it crisply. I'm much more apt to get up and down with these shots than with a poorly executed flop.

I've steered away from these balls in the past due to cost. My game is getting closer to where I was prior to laying off....and I don't loose too many balls. The newer ProV1 balls also seem to be more durable. A ball will last a couple of rounds unless I skid it off a cart path or bust a hardwood squarely. Also, it's easier to find the "practice" versions. I have no qualms about gaming them.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I have tried all of the e series while I liked the e6+ the best, not enough spin for firmer conditions and the 5+ didn't have enough distance for me. Switched to the TM Burner TP early in the season which I really liked until the Red/Blacks went on sale and I gave them a try. I absolutely love the Red, long off the tee and plenty of spin around the greens for me. I would really love if the prices stayed low on these since TM has a new ball. I have 2.5 dz and will probably pick up a couple more.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

Kle,

You mentioned the D2 Feel. This gets a lot coverage in a blog thread on the Topflite Gamer which Knockglock started this week:

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28082

Being you're a middle handicapper, D2 Feel might give you the best value.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just finished a box of the TM Burner TP. I like them for the price, but want a lower trajectory. I want to try the TM TP Reds, but the last couple of times I've been at the store, they've been sold out.

Anyone know if TM is releasing a 5 piece ball or was that a rumor ?

'09 Burner (UST ProForce V2 77g - S)
4dx 15.5 hybrid (UST V2 - Stiff)
'99 Apex Plus 3-EW (Stiff)
TM rac 50/6 GW
Arnold Palmer The Standard SW (20-30 years old)'99 Dual Rossie Blade

Kle,

Definitely, no insult to 20 handicappers, 'cause we were all there, but no 20 capper hits the ball well enough to require the use of a ProV1 or even an NXT Tour. I'm playing the best golf of my life, and the D2 Feel is still my back up ball. I had the same attitude towards Top-Flite balls that many have, but I tried the D2 and Gamer after some positive online reviews, and they really deliver.

I love ProV1x, as they are longer than any distance ball on the market. Although ProV1x is considered more durable than the ProV, it still cuts and scuffs quickly and easily. That's why I say, don't get them used or refurbed.

My rule of thumb is: I allow myself 2 ProV1x's per round. If I lose or damage two, I switch to NXT Tours. The NXT Tours actually feel better off the putter than the ProV1x's.

Hope this helps, I know it's Titleist-centric, but the guys at Titleist know what they're doing. They're the best.

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

I just finished a box of the TM Burner TP. I like them for the price, but want a lower trajectory. I want to try the TM TP Reds, but the last couple of times I've been at the store, they've been sold out.

Try the LDP burner red or black for a lower tajectory. More Dimples ='s lower tajectory. I'm a high ball hitter and have just found that the best balls for me have more demples. Titleist 392 balls are great also.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Definitely, no insult to 20 handicappers, 'cause we were all there,

I used to feel the same....my game certainly didn't warrant the ProV1. It may be a true statement...not denying that....but I can't help myself. I'm hooked on those balls now.

The ProV1 had just hit the market when I laid off the game. I really didn't think it'd last....after all, what where they thinking not making a wound ball. 5 years later I resume the game....and wham....the ProV1 is stronger than ever. I finally broke down and picked up two dozen of the 2009 version back in April. Wow....I've been hooked ever since. It doesn't take but a few hot iron shots that hit the green and back up to make you grin and love 'em. The driver distance is super.....they seem plenty durable enough....the only downside is the cost.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Hello everyone,

Bridgestone B330-S or prov1x

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

I dont know why, but I want to play a Titleist now Damn marketing!

Anyways, so you guys say V1x is out of the question, as well as the NXT Tour, what else is out there, I need a ball that spins because I play really aggressively from 100 and in....

I am really starting to dial in my distances with the Pelz 3X4 system. I need a ball that will stop or even come back a bit when it hits the green.

Thanks!

Jim

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

It's called the Taylormade Penta. I read a review of it. Seems like it's made to compress optimally for a variety of swing speeds.

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2009...-pga-tour.html

Driver...Ping G10 10.5* V2 High Launch

4-wood......Bobby Jones by Jesse Ortiz 2012 17*
3-4 Hybrid.......Bobby Jones Player Series 21* and 25*
Irons.........Mizuno MX-200
Wedges....Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52*, Ping Tour-W 56*, Ping Tour-S 60*....Putter-Ping Redwood Piper.....Ball-Srixon TriSpeed Tour

I have played just about all the "players" ball on the market. My problem is I spin the ball way to much. I am now using the Nike Tour. I can still spin it but it is not as soft as the Pro V. I liked the Bridgestone 330 but I also spun that one to much...

As for the hi-handicapers... I can understand the logic behind the "I am not good enough to play that ball" but there is a huge difference. When you are trying to get better feel is a major if not most important part toward progression...

I'm a high handicapper and I use the Bridgestone e6+. I've tried other balls, including the ProV1 and V1x. But they have far too much side spin off the tee than I can contain.

I played Bandon Dunes last year and only brought enough of my Bridgestones to last two rounds. Little did I know, but the entire resort sells nothing but Titleist logo balls. My scores went to crap after I was forced to buy the NXTs. Maybe it's mental, but that's what happened.

So if you have a slice/fade or a hook/draw that you're not happy with, the e6+ might take some of that sidespin out of your game. Go get fitted.
What's in My Bag?

Driver: 10.5° KZG SP-700 with Fujikura SIX Regular Flex Shaft | 2h: Adams A7OS Stiff | 3h: Adams A3OS Stiff | 4h: Nike Slingshot Steel | 5i-PW: Adams A2OS | Sand Wedge: Cleveland CG14 56° 3-dot | Lob Wedge: Cleveland CG15 60° 3-dot | Putter: Fisher CTS-9 Polyurethane Face

Maybe I'll go get a dozen used Pro V1's and a new box of D2 feels. Allow myself to lose 1 or 2 a round (I'll try not to) then go to the Feels...

Im getting better though, I lost one ball last I played (Chicago) because I lost it in some thick rough... These florida courses have A LOT of water and it forces you to be accurate with your driver...

What is the main diff in the v1 vs the v1x? I know the X is a 4 piece but do I need tour swing speed to use them? Ive heard they have less spin and a more boring trajectory, which I need.....

Thanks!!

Jim

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

Bridgestone B330-S
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

Bridgestone B330-S or RX

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

Note: This thread is 5368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!