IGNORED

Say NO! to gps/yardage computers

Note: This thread is 5365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I mean if you cant reasonably play with that knowledge, then whats the point? Just play and dont worry about that crap. Sometime last year i think, this dude had a rangefinder and was trying to get yardages to fairway bunkers and doglegs, and he couldnt drive the ball more than 220...give me a break.

You seem to be misplacing your hostility in my opinion. Your problem is actually that in your eyes he can't reasonably play, with or without that knowledge. Frankly, the opinion that someone who is not an expert player doesn't deserve to know yardages is indefensible. He deserves to give himself every opportunity to hit a good shot, no matter how unlikely that may seem to others.

An issue with pace of play is the only ground you could possibly have to stand on, and in the incredibly vast majority of cases, rangefinders will not hurt pace of play. And your example of that one guy maybe last year you think seems like the exception, not the norm.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
they're called trolls. This entire thread is one large trolling from many facets.

Yep. And for that reason...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!