IGNORED

Travel bag - club protection?

Note: This thread is 5362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife got my an OGIO Straight Jacket travel bag cover as surprise gift for an trip we're leaving for on Saturday. It's seems like a nice bag but is soft sided and I was concerned with my driver taking the brunt of any force that it is applied to the ends.

I've seen here or there a metal pole type thing to go in the bag. I was wondering if I could just use an appropriate size and length piece of PVC in one of the club sleeves. Has anybody done this or something similar successfully?

TIA,

Ryan

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

Anybody??

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

I've traveled many times with soft travel bags and never had a problem.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It shouldnt be a big problem. Just put a fragile sticker on your bag. My uncle travels all the time with a crappy soft bag he got from a flea market and it seems to me that his clubs are all good.
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

I use the Club Glove Stiff Arm. It works well. It's the gold standard for touring pros and frequent golf travelers.

http://www.clubglove.com/user/ViewPr...p?ProductID=18

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

I've traveled all over with the Ogio Straight Jacket and Club Glove Stiff Arm with no problems. My only extra precaution is I take a large towel and use it as a wrap to bind the clubs together. Then I just load the bag into the Straight Jacket.

G15 4 Wood
 G15 3(20) and 4(23) hybrids
 JPX 800 Irons 5-PW

Tw9 Wedges 48, 54, 60

Island Antigua Putter  Q-Star

NXO Cart Bag    Speed Cart V1

Note: This thread is 5362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!