IGNORED

1st High School Golf Match! Did Great :)

right handed phil mickelson
Note: This thread is 5344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For those of you following this post for our high school golf season, we won our last match with a leading score by my playing partner Gabe, who shot a -3, 33.

you guys have tryouts before each match to determine who plays in what seed?? We always used a 5 round average to determine who was playing varsity and who played JV..

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

you guys have tryouts before each match to determine who plays in what seed?? We always used a 5 round average to determine who was playing varsity and who played JV..

Yea well It's working out for us. We're 3-0 this season so far. The coach wants whoever is playing good at that particular time to go ahead and play in the match. Although, the low round from the last match gets exempt from qualifying, and automatically plays in the next match :)

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Plus there's the fact that there's no varsity or JV team, and that there's 16 kids on our golf team. Only 6 get to play in each match.

Taylormade RAC 58º

Yes, that seems kind of wierd but I guess if there's no JV, which also seems strange, but it's probably a money/school fund issue I'm guessing.

I'm starting to feel like I played in the "Golden Age" of highschool golf back in the late 70's, early 80's. We always played 18 hole matches, seems like very few schools do this today, at least not in our area. We had three weeks of tryouts in August and the team was set. Plus we all got a sleeve of Titleist Pro 90's before each match,,,Aahhh,,The High Life,,,,lol! On our team you could get promoted from JV to Varsity during the year but not for just one or two good rounds. We were one of the top teams in the State and stacked pretty deep. Back then we only started 5 on Varsity so the team was usually made up of 4 Seniors and 1 Junior. I was one of the few lucky ones that played my way onto Varsity during my Junior season. I outplayed the 4th and 5th man on Varsity for 6 matches in a row and the coach promoted me for the playoffs. Anyways, sounds like your team is off to a great start. Keep up the good play!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

my coach uses your season average to determine who gets to play in the match. We have 17 kids and 8 play. 15 out of the 17 kids average in the 30's on a par 36 course. We are loaded in terms of talent.

Yea. Unfortunately, our team lost today. We are 3-1 in the scores. At least we lost to the best team in the county, and maybe even state. Their scores were 36-36-34-36. Our's were 34-39-39-40 lol. Not very good.

I blame it on the rain. We got to the range and I was so focused, I was in the zone. I could feel a good 34 coming on. Then it rained for a good half an hour, and I totally got out of the zone. I never got back into it. It made me so mad. Plus, I was probably 10 feet (in all my putts) away from shooting a 36 today. I HATE GOLF.

I can't really say that though. I know I'll hit a good chip tomorrow and be like WOOO GO GOLF.

Anyway, I'll keep you updated on the next match. We go against another tough school. wish us luck :)

Taylormade RAC 58º

First, great job making 10 putts on the aerated greens.

Second, when you say 10 ft, do you mean you missed it by 2 ft 5 times or what?

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

First, great job making 10 putts on the aerated greens.

Like one putt would miss on the edge, one putt would stay like 2 inches away, 2 inches short. I'd probably say closer to 1 or two feet away.

Taylormade RAC 58º

Note: This thread is 5344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!