IGNORED

Thinking about a push-cart.

Note: This thread is 5370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The local executive course I play at offers free carts on weekdays so I have been taking up that offer. There is also another 9 hole course that is closer to my house that I want to start practicing at, but there are no carts for that.

Although I do have a stand bag with a double-strap for carry. I find it a bit of a hassle to put on and take off, this is why I am thinking of buying a push-cart.

I am not sure what kind of push-cart to get. I see ones like the Sun Mountain and the Clicgear going for around $230 and ones like Cadie going for about $100. Are the differences huge in terms of performance?

I also wonder if push-carts go on sale at the end of the season, doesn't seem like they will though.

Advices are appreciated.
Cart: Micro Cart
Bag: Vaporlite
Driver: G15 12
Fairway Wood: Nickent 4DX 5W
Hybrids: MX100 4H, 5HIrons: MX100 P-GWWedges: X Tour Chrome 54.12, 58.08Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 34''Ball: Noodle Softest

The local executive course I play at offers free carts on weekdays so I have been taking up that offer. There is also another 9 hole course that is closer to my house that I want to start practicing at, but there are no carts for that.

Depending on which model, it does make a difference. The ones that are less priced comes with smaller wheels, bulkier design, and complex folding. Overall its a little annoying to break it apart, gets stuck when pushing in mud, and wont fit in your trunk.

Clipgear or bagboy makes good push cart. If you dont mind the hassle, then get the cheaper one, but let me tell you it is ANNOYING! Stick with the better models, you already have to stress on your golf game, why make your cart stress you even more?
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

I have the Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1. I bought it mid-season last year (July) and by the end of the season (September) it had already paid for itself (technically there is no “season” out here because most of the muni courses are open all year).

Seasonally speaking though, I got it at Colorado Ski & Golf on clearance as they were starting to make room for the winter inventory. I have no idea where you live; but historically, the summer stuff is on sale before and during the winter.

I would definitely spend the money to get a quality push cart (Sun Mt. or Clic Gear). My friend went with some $30 Wal-Mart model and he looks like Sisyphus on the links.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Note: This thread is 5370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!