IGNORED

Nicklaus: "I could have won 25"

iacas
Note: This thread is 6489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And all that does is bring me back to my main point: Jack needs to stop trying to promote himself and let his record do that for him. That someone as great as Tiger has been for a decade is still barely halfway to Jack's record says enough without Jack piping up and adding to it every other week.

i wholeheartedly agree with both this and being confused lol

Jack really does seem like a crumudgion at times. Theres a sit down interview w/ him and Jim Flick on the GC and Jack basically just flat out contradicts everything that Flick is asking him...poor Jim.

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

Yes, I did read the article.

It's kinda sad really. Jack doesn't need to make excuses. I am a huge Tiger fan, but loved and respected Jack first. I don't understand his need to justify his career at this stage of his life.

I mean his record speaks for itself. 18 majors and 19 2nd place finishes is a HUGE accomplishment. Last time I checked, he still had the most majors amongst any player - alive or dead. Hell, Tiger could be struck by lightning tomorrow, and the record would still be 18.

I am sad that Jack swooped to this level - his 18 majors are impressive on their own. Yes, Tiger will beat his record, but that doesn't diminish Jack's accomplishments.

Too many people have to debate "best ever". I read Babe Ruth's name being mentioned in a prior post - same argument - Babe never faced Negro league pitching, what many consider to be better than MLB. So, how are we to judge Babe as the greatest ever?

Jack faced who he faced. He didn't choose his competition. Neither can Tiger. Can't everyone just leave Jack's legacy alone - including Jack himself? No one here will debate that what Jack achieved was monumental.

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

The gist of it is Jack is coming out and saying he could have won more majors than he did. If he wanted to, that is. And he is saying this because Tiger is drawing ever closer. So no matter how you look at it Jack is coming across as an egotistical sore loser.

"Sure you beat me, but I could have won if I wanted too..." That sounds like a little kid at recess. Give me a break.

Note: This thread is 6489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!