IGNORED

So I played at a course called Seven Oaks...

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And it made me wish putting only counted for half a stroke

It's a Robert Trent Jones course, owned by Colgate University. Rating of 74.6, Slope of 143. Greens are pretty big and lightning quick. I felt like I played very well aside from putting (I three-putted a bunch...), where I hit a decent number of greens in regulation - probably about 10 or so. My putting ruined me though; I never play greens like these. Even the hardest courses in my area don't have greens this difficult to put on so I rarely have to face greens that bring me to my knees; this was one of those greens. I shot an 87 on the par-72. I did make a birdie putt that was probably about 90 feet though, so that was very rewarding. As the day went on, I had much fewer three-putts as I was getting used to the speeds, but at first it was brutal.
But, if you're ever near Colgate University and have time for a round of golf, give it a look. Their fees are very reasonable.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!