IGNORED

New AP2 Irons

stebed
Note: This thread is 5268 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
no difference other than aesthetics

Not true. The feel's probably a tiny bit better (perhaps unnoticeably) because there's more rubber spaced around, and the bounce in the higher lofted irons is one degree less, and the lines are a tad thinner.

Maybe they're all unnoticeable changes, I don't know. I'll know soon when I write it up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i got the irons on wednesday after they were shippped from a UK Titleist dealer. I'll hit them tomorrow. Based on swinging them in my basement they feel good. The only negative is that u can see a little bit of the 4 irons sole at adress.

• Administrator
i got the irons on wednesday after they were shippped from a UK Titleist dealer. I'll hit them tomorrow. Based on swinging them in my basement they feel good. The only negative is that u can see a little bit of the 4 irons sole at adress.

My god, they put the club on the shaft upside down!

I know what you mean. I was just teasing. You didn't get a 3I? It would obviously be a bit more noticeable there... yeah?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the irons are really nice. i was surprised by the trajectory since the DG S300 flew higher than the 08 Ap2 with Project X 5.5. They feel nice when hit on the sweet spot. I couldn't notice a big difference in feel compared to the 08 AP2 (partly because i hit them once about three months ago). what else can i say? they're easy to maneuver and quite forgiving. i can't really judge them distance wise yet since its so cold over here. i was able to hit the 4-iron about 165 yards although i would expect to hit them 20 yards further in the summer. this was just a range session but i'm happy with my purchase so far. hopefully i'll be able to gain some more distance when i play since there's a huge difference between range balls and my prov1x.

Andef, Can I ask what sort of swing speed you are as even with range ball 165 for a 4 iron seems a little short. I know you are expecting 185 from the right ball and weather its just that I would expect some one with a swing speed high enough to use stiff shafts in their irons to hit the 4 iron over 200 yards. Were you fitted for your irons? It's just that I am looking for a second hand set of 08 AP2s and have been looking for rifle 5.0 as I hit regular flex high launch dynamic golds in my AP1 irons and thought regular flex would be needed for my replacements?

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

my swingspeed is in the high 90s/low 100s with the driver. i was fit for the 08 AP2 with Project x 5.5 shafts. i didn't want to get fit another time so i got the comparable dgs300. may i just add that i'm only fifteen so that may explain my lack of distance, the temperature outside is 40 degrees and i was practising with a roughly 5 m/s headwind

Interesting ball flight with the S300s. I thought the DGs were supposed to have a more penetrating ball flight than the project x 5.5s?

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

Interesting ball flight with the S300s. I thought the DGs were supposed to have a more penetrating ball flight than the project x 5.5s?

that's what i thought as well. when they told me they would ship the 710 AP2 instead of the 08 AP2 (which I had initially ordered) i was worried i wouldn't be able to get a lot of height. the salesman told me they switched shafts because more players used the DGS300 but the new irons were designed to have roughly the same trajectory as the old AP2s. the trajectory is fine when there's no wind but the clubs balloon when there's a headwind.

Note: This thread is 5268 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!