IGNORED

When you know your golf equipment is old...

Note: This thread is 6489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK, here is the story, I was watching Tin Cup, nothing else was on that night, and it was to the point of the movie when Kevin is caddying for the pro and his playing partner bets him he cant hit the 3 wood on the green over the water. Not sure if you remember this but anyways back to the movie, well sure enough pulls my TM burner 3 wood out of the bag. Next to that, was my TM Burner driver and 5 wood. I then had to pull up the DTV guide to see how old the movie was, 1995, if I remember right!!!! !!!!

Now if there is any question if your golf equipment is getting old, that could be a good way to tell.

old isnt necessarly bad though...if you hit them well there is no need to change equipment...i have taylor made 360 irons...those are what, 6 or 7 years old? it all depends on how you hit them

In My Bag:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Ti 454 9*
3 wood: Taylor Made 300 series
5 wood: Orlimar trimetal
Irons: Taylor Made 360 seriesWedges: Cleveland 56*, Tommy Armor 60*Putter: Carbite center shaft

old isnt necessarly bad though...if you hit them well there is no need to change equipment...i have taylor made 360 irons...those are what, 6 or 7 years old? it all depends on how you hit them

i concur. my irons were made in 1986. good ole spaldings...

Driver: Bridgestone J33R 460 10.5*
3 Wood: Sonartec NP-99 14*
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black 19*
Irons: Mizuno MP-58 4-PWWedges: Nike SV 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: Scotty CameronBall: Srixon Z Star

i actually was bored yesterday and went on taylor mades website and my 3 wood was made from 1991-1994, mine wasn't actually listed but its family was circa '91-'94. If its not broke dont fix it right? I've hit many many many 3 woods and have not hit any as good as mine so I have no problem at all carrying a club that is 10+ years old

ZEBRA

Titleist 910 D2 10.5 Aldila RIP Phenom

Callaway RAZR fit 3 wood Avixcore 69 series

Mizuno MP650 19* hybrid

Scratch SB-1 DS 4-PW R+ C-Taper

Scratch 1018 DS 53 & 60

Low Tide Fin 

3UP 3F12

Cool, I also have the TM 360 irons. I think they are great even if they are getting old. Golf equipment is a funny thing because what you need and what you want aren't always the same thing. For me, part of the fun is getting new sticks to hit. Really, I needed to buy that TM R7 460 10 days ago! At the same time, my 3, 5, 7 woods are 10 year old Cobras.

I've been thru all of this same sort of thing with softball bats (although I've had the same glove since 1996). It's actually refreshing to see that golfers are stick ho's just like softball players (can you tell I'm new around here...I'm more used to reading softball forums)

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

Golf equipment is more about want than need. I see lots of players at my club hitting older clubs well. The only club everyone seems to replace is the driver to the 460cc heads. Cast irons can last a lifetime.

Note: This thread is 6489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!