IGNORED

Golf Shoes - Which ones?

woody!
Note: This thread is 6474 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone

I am looking for advice on new golf shoes. I am willing to pay up to £100 and want comfort and waterproof ones. Does anyone know of any good shoes and can anyone recommend any. Heard Adidas are doing good shoes at moment.

Thanks everyone!

Try the Footjoy Dryjoys pro. These shoes are simply the most comfortable golf shoes (or shoes in general) that you will buy. Plus the added feature of waterproofing so you can play in the morning, or stick your foot in a puddle or the bank of a pond with no worries. With all the walking we do during the season for school golf, these have held up very well so far. I will buy nothing but Footjoy when it comes to shoes. They might be a tad more than 100$ but you will be impressed. Also, the GF 2's are very very nice as well.

Equipment
Driver: Titleist 983k 8.5 speeder stiff
5 wood: Taylormade r540xd
Irons: Cleveland TA-7, 3-PW
Wedges:Titleist Vokey Oil Can SM 54,60*Putter: Odyssey 3300 DFX bladeBall:Titleist ProV1

Hi everyone

Woody,

Adidas is making excellent shoes right now. The Tour 360's are a good mix of modern styling and tennis shoe comfort. They're accepted enough to wear at exclusive country clubs but comfortable enough to wear for 36 holes a day. I would also look into Ecco shoes. They offer waterproof models, and may be just a hair outside your price range, depending on the going rate for the Euro. Very comfortable and high quality shoes. Footjoy has slipped considerably in terms of its quality. I've already had two pairs of classics tours go back due to soles splitting, and am sending back my new dry premiers which I've only worn twice which had the sole split apart. I'd look elsewhere for now until they figure out their quality control issues.

I don't know much about the currency conversion but in the U.S. I picked up a pair of Nike SP-5 and they are ROCK solid shoes. They're as comfy as my regular running shoes and in my opinion they are the sharpest looking golf shoes you'll find.

Good luck!
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I also have the SP-5's and they are very comfortable. I also have 2 pairs of Adidas and they are comfortable and waterproof.

I really like the looks of the new Ecco's and a friend who wears them thinks they are great.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

• Administrator
Adidas is making excellent shoes right now. The Tour 360's are a good mix of modern styling and tennis shoe comfort. They're accepted enough to wear at exclusive country clubs but comfortable enough to wear for 36 holes a day.

Adidas shoes, try as I might to like them, have always blistered my feet. Always. They simply don't cup my heel enough or something.

In talking with a lot of golfers, it's always struck me that each person has a different shoe that works for them. For me, FootJoy shoes always fit. For others, FootJoy gives them blisters while Nike works great. For others, Nike is an abomination and they swear by Adidas. So, I think your best bet is to try the shoes on and see what works. Just like fitting a club. Walk around in them and if there's any slippage near the heel area, or any pressure points when you bend or walk (get down like you're reading a few putts, too), don't buy them.
Footjoy has slipped considerably in terms of its quality. I've already had two pairs of classics tours go back due to soles splitting, and am sending back my new dry premiers which I've only worn twice which had the sole split apart. I'd look elsewhere for now until they figure out their quality control issues.

Gas, let's cut the statements of opinion presented as statements of fact. You've been warned about this already.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I also have the SP-5's and they are very comfortable.

I got a pair of SP-5's at the start of the season, and the last time I played in wet conditions (morning dew) with them, my socks got absolutely soaked. My first pair and only pair of Nikes, so I'm skeptical concerning their waterproofing.

Adidas shoes, try as I might to like them, have always blistered my feet. Always. They simply don't cup my heel enough or something.

Adidas shoes don't blister my feet, but they're not comfortable for me either. Not sure what's going on there, because I love the styling.

Gas, let's cut the statements of opinion presented as statements of fact. You've been warned about this already.

For what it's worth, I don't think Gas was

that far out of line on this one. He says he's personally had some bad experiences with Foot Joys lately, so he has concerns regarding their quality control. If it was a case of, "I've heard that Foot Joy was having quality control problems," it'd be one thing. But it looks like he's had a string of bad luck with the shoes himself. Or maybe he's just got some big honkin' feet

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

• Administrator
For what it's worth, I don't think Gas was

I don't wish to belabor the point, but there is a difference between each of these pairs of phrases:

1. Footjoy has slipped considerably in terms of its quality.
  2. I've had some bad experiences recently that make me wonder if FootJoy has slipped in terms of its quality (or even "I think FootJoy has slipped in terms of quality lately.")
  1. I'd look elsewhere for now until they figure out their quality control issues.
  2. I'd look elsewhere, particularly if my experiences indicate a widespread trend.
I write for a living (well, in part), so perhaps I've got a bit of a finer eye for these types of things. Like it or not, you're influencing people's decisions here on the forum. As such, I think some journalistic sense should apply, and that sense tells you there's a big difference between stating something as a fact and stating something as an opinion. So... anyway, not to belabor the point, but even adding something like "I think" or "In my experience" or "I feel" can turn what reads as a statement of fact into something clearly tagged as an opinion. P.S. Here's a statement of fact: FootJoy's quality controls are tighter and higher now than they have ever been. P.P.S. I have two pair of FootJoy GF:II that have always worked really well and felt broken-in from the day I pulled them from the box.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My first pair of Nikes were crap but now I have two pairs of Nike SP-6 one in black/graphite and white/graphite love the shoes!
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

I don't wish to belabor the point, but there is a difference between each of these pairs of phrases:

Iacas, I do wish to belabor this point. What I said is a fact. I've sold nine pairs of Classics since the new line was introduced. Three have gone back due to quality control issues. When I discussed this with my sales rep, his reply was, "I'm not surprised." How is that opinion? Is that good quality control to you? You related a personal experience you had with Adidas shoes not fitting you feet. I related a personal experience I had with having to send Classics back for quality control issues. Give me negative reputation if you want, ban me if you want, I don't care. How do you know Footjoy's QC is tighter than it's ever been? Are you sitting on the line as the shoes come off, because that sounds more like opinion to me than anything else I said. Here is my opinion: "I would highly suggest anyone interested in purchasing Classics wait a few months to make sure Footjoy sorts out their quality control issues." I should be able to say that without fear of censorship, or being chided like a four year old.

• Administrator
I do wish to belabor this point.

No, it's not. It's your experience. It may indicate something factual, but it alone is not fact. You do not know that their quality control has gotten worse, you think it has. You suspect it has. You may even believe it has.

Give me negative reputation if you want, ban me if you want, I don't care.

I won't do any of that. I simply want you to stop stating your opinions as fact.

Here is my opinion: "I would highly suggest anyone interested in purchasing Classics wait a few months to make sure Footjoy sorts out their quality control issues."

That's not an opinion either. It's a suggestion based on information you present - again - as a fact.

"I've had bad experiences with FootJoy's QC lately, so I'd recommend you wait a few months before considering purchasing Classics" is fine. Further discussion of this (side) topic should be via PM.

Try the Footjoy Dryjoys pro. These shoes are simply the most comfortable golf shoes (or shoes in general) that you will buy.

I just bought a pair in April and I didn't find them that comfortable. My Adidas 360's were much more comfortable. I walked 18 with them 2 hours after I bought them and they felt like a well worn broke in shoe.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Thanks guys

I have gone for a pair of adidas tour 360 which after trying them on at the shop, they felt the most comfortable.

Only a few rounds will tell me otherwise but I will let you know.

Thanks for the advice!!!

• Administrator
Thanks guys

Glad you found some shoes you like. Enjoy.

Note: This thread is 6474 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!