IGNORED

Aldila NVS 65R

Xt1ncT
Note: This thread is 6472 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK, so I keep missing my drives to the right.

So, I wnt to a local pro shop today who have a launch monitor and it turned out my swing speed was 87-91 with that shaft. I then tried a regular TaylorMade R7425 and it crept up a bit but with a big hook.

Finally tried the Aldila NVS 65R and the speed went up to 94 and sometimes 95 and dead straight.

Has anyone else used this shaft and what are your thoughts?

Am going to get my driver reshafted, but have to wait a bit as this one is $250 over here.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

I think you're getting ripped off on that price, even in New Zealand..

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/5965W

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

I think you're getting ripped off on that price, even in New Zealand..

Having it done - costing me $199 fitted, plus $15 for the new Golf Pride Grip. I think that works out at about $135.78 in USD.

We have a crap exchange rate here don't forget :( From Golfsmith at current exchange rate that shaft is $141.92, not including shipping. Then I'd have to get it fitted, so I think I've done ok.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

OK, so I keep missing my drives to the right.

.... Maybe I'm missing something here .... shafts don't really effect speed, swing motion does and stiffer shafts don't increase speed.

If you're slicing, that usually means you'r coming from the outside in, and that slows the speed down because of the change of the swing plane - not the shaft .... Before you get sold a bag of goods, maybe you might consider some video and a few instructions from the Pro in the area.
Whats in the bag.?

Driver: Tour Edge 10* Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft/and, the Burrows 10.5* MAC 421cc with the Grafalloy Pro Launch 55 shaft.
Woods: only one left after switching to hybrids - Adams ST #7 22*.
Hybrids: Tour Edge 20*, 24*, 30*, 36*, 41* and the 50* Attack Wedge...

• Administrator
.... Maybe I'm missing something here .... shafts don't really effect speed, swing motion does and stiffer shafts don't increase speed.

The weight of the shaft can

a ffect swing speed. I'm not sure what shaft "that shaft" is that he was using, but if it was 80 grams or so and the Aldila NVS 65 is around 65, he may see a difference in swing speed due to weight alone.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A lighter shaft can have a definite increase in club head speed. Read "The Search for the Perfect Golf Club" by Tom Wishon.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

I use the NVS R65 and I like it. It has a flexible tip which helps stop slicing by helping to get the club square. The original NV, green, has a stiffer tip, which is a bad choice for slicers. The NVS was designed to correct the misses off to the right. Great shaft.

Note: This thread is 6472 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!