IGNORED

$50 gift card at Golfsmith - what should I get?

niblick
Note: This thread is 6461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My folks gave me a $50 gift card at Golfsmith for my birthday recently. Any suggestions? I was thinking about splurging on some spendy balls, but I can't decide.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

That all depends on what you need. If I were you I wouldnt get balls. Get something that is going to be able to stay with you now and next offseason. What kind of balls do you play now? Golfsmith has a real nice sale going on right now, maybe you could invest in a club or something. Get something that your going to have for a while.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

That all depends on what you need. If I were you I wouldnt get balls. Get something that is going to be able to stay with you now and next offseason. What kind of balls do you play now? Golfsmith has a real nice sale going on right now, maybe you could invest in a club or something. Get something that your going to have for a while.

I picked up a box of Titleist HVC balls at Costco in the spring, and I've been trying to use them up. I guess I don't lose them as fast as I used to.

I've got a box of Noodles and a box of Nike Distance waiting in the wings, but those were given to me. I've never had a brand/type where I could say, "I play ______". I'm sure it would help my game if did. I'm pretty happy with my clubs, although a new 3-wood is appealling. *strokes chin*

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P

Okay you have golf balls so I definitely wouldnt get them. If you say you need a new three wood then maybe you can check out some at Golfsmith. Check out their prices and also they have a lot of used equipment that is pretty decent, just change the grip on it and it'll feel like new to you. If there is a chain near you go in the store and whack some clubs around and find one that you'll like, you may just find a great deal.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Try out the putters! I know, $50.00 won't buy a good putter now-a-days but it is a good start. I bought a Cleveland Vas putter in the early 90s for $60.00 and I thought that was high but the prices on putters have sky-rocketed.
You might also look at some new shoes. Can't ever have enough good looking golf shoes!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

How about a golf lesson?

That's a great idea, but unfortunately there are no Golfsmith brick-and-mortar places in my state. I'd be all over that otherwise.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P

Look for some basic stuff.. Glove, tees, towel, umbrella, maybe new spikes/ shoes.

Dont over-look the basics!

Titleist 983K 8.5* Prolite V2 stiff
Callaway Hawk VFT 3 Stiff
Taylor Made 16 & 21* Raylors
TM oversised irons 3-sw Rifle stl shafts
Titleist Vokey spin milled 60*Titleist Vokey 52* Tour

Note: This thread is 6461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!